Scratched off the bucket list

wvbuckbuster

Handloader
Nov 5, 2015
Got this 10pt with my 30-06 using a Nosler 180gr BT. First time with this bullet weight. Got a doe Monday with the 35 Whelen a first also. Dan.

Attachments

• IMG_1113.JPG
    IMG_1113.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 328
  • 20211123_074926 (3) 2021 buck.jpg
    20211123_074926 (3) 2021 buck.jpg
    769.7 KB · Views: 92
He is a fine looking specimen. Congratulations on a couple of fine animals with those particular rifles. So, this is your Thanksgiving deer, for which you're thankful?

Nice one! Your sure shaping up to have a great year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like to 06 likes the 180 BT more than the buck did!

Congratulations!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DrMike":5brkqtzg said:
He is a fine looking specimen. Congratulations on a couple of fine animals with those particular rifles. So, this is your Thanksgiving deer, for which you're thankful?
Yes sir Dr Mike. Always grateful and thank God each and every time He allows me to get one of His deer. Dan.

wvbuckbuster":21z2ea6p said:
DrMike":21z2ea6p said:
Yes sir Dr Mike. Always grateful and thank God each and every time He allows me to get one of His deer. Dan.

You have every right to be grateful. 'Tis a lovely beast and will undoubtedly provide excellent table fare. I'd be preparing some venison chops tomorrow, but I have company coming over after church, so I'm making Dr. Mike's famous clam chowder for the family and friends. Then, on the day following it'll be roast goose. At last, by Tuesday, I hope I can get those chops on the Traeger.

Congrats Dan! That's a great buck! Well done buddy. Cool to hear the old Whelen is still out there making meat!

Back