2013 Hunting Pictures

JD338

Range Officer
Staff member
Nov 4, 2004
Post your 2013 Hunting Season pictures here.

Good Luck to all.

JD338

Ok I will kick off. Here's a couple of ok boars I have dusted with my new 30-06 in the last few weeks...
IMG-20130809-02476-1.jpg

Got this one 3 days ago, a running shot with a 180g BTSP Interlock about 80 yards away. First shot was too far back but broke the spine.

This one took a quartering away shot on the run from a 180g Interlock SP flat base about 60y away. Never got up. He had more scars all over him from fighting other boars than any I have seen for a while...
IMG-20130721-02456-1.jpg

Yes that's often what we wear here in mid winter! Predicted to be 30 centigrade tomorrow.

That's awesome Bob! Way to break in that 30-06! How is that Hornady working out? Exit's, any recoveries?

Those hogs are making a great way to field test.

Again, that is a super looking rifle.

Looks as if that 30-06 is working quite well for you. Great performance on a tough critter.

Congrats on your recent success!

It's been quite a while since I hunted hogs... Cool. Good to see that the ol' .30-06 hasn't exactly died off as a hunting cartridge. From here it looks as effective as ever!

Nice work.

Guy

Mine taken the evening of the opener. They were rutting pretty hard.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 10,919
Good work EOD Diver. The closest thing we have to those creatures over here would be a mountain or feral goat but I suspect they are very different animals.

Nice shooting.

Awesome work Joe! Huge congrats buddy! It's gotta help make up for missing out last Fall! Way to go.

Never too late, Mike. That looks to be a good sized bird. I assume you took him in Nebraska? My brother has suggested I need to come down and hunt birds behind his house.

DrMike":wn7bnumr said:
Never too late, Mike. That looks to be a good sized bird. I assume you took him in Nebraska? My brother has suggested I need to come down and hunt birds behind his house.

It sure was Mike. I was unable to make the "turkey camp" in central NE due to a baby being born at any time. So my FIL took me to a spot out south of Gering and I scored on that bird in 45 minutes. Heck, we were done with breakfast in town before 8am!

.280 Remington":37lcfx87 said:
I was unable to make the "turkey camp" in central NE due to a baby being born at any time. So my FIL took me to a spot out south of Gering and I scored on that bird in 45 minutes. Heck, we were done with breakfast in town before 8am!

Now, that is my kind of hunting. :grin:

It's good to see the 2013 hunting photo thread off to a successful start. Congrats to all you successful hunters! Hoping to add to this thread as the season progresses!

Guy

Ok I will go again. I haven't had too many outings the last few months but got this modest one the other day too, along with a few others.

Just to keep the thread going of course...

IMG-20130809-02488-1.jpg

Back