2014 Hunting Pictures

JD338

Range Officer
Staff member
Nov 4, 2004
Post your 2014 Hunting Season pictures here.

Good Luck to all.

JD338

Here is a little 6pt from yesterday.

Putting the young hunters to work..

It was the last day of deer season for here. Pretty good Fall!

Nice pics Scotty and it looks like the fun continues :grin: I hope ya got plenty of sharpening equipment as it looks like you guys have been stacking them up!! Man what great memories that is all going to be, Congrats!! Lotta happy faces on them kids !! Priceless :mrgreen:

We have done well with the kids out hunting with us this Fall. All of mine have hunted with and Brandon took 3 bucks this Fall as well. So he has really stretched his legs. Danged kid is turning into a heckuva hunter.

The little ones are likely to kill a bunch of deer next Fall if everything goes as planned. They seemed to really enjoy themselves this year and hunting is something they look forward to every weekend. Just doesn't get much better than that.

Looks as if the young 'uns are up to the task. They appear to heave to pretty readily. A fine eating little buck, undoubtedly.

Scotty,

Congratulations to all. You fellas had a great season for sure.
Love seeing the kids involved.

JD338

Way to get them involved Scotty! I bet they talk about it to all their friends about being mighty hunters eh!! :grin:

Made it home to NM and had a chance to go out with the new Scherz rifle in 6mm Rem for coyote a couple of times. A pal let me use his press while there to load about 30 rounds. Stoked 'em with Varget and 55gr BTs good for around 3,900 FPS. I was very happy that it was hitting right where I aimed at about 250 yards on my first shot, and figured it would meet my MOC (Minute Of Coyote) requirement. It was colder than hell and I got skunked a couple of times in my regular spots. A pal suggested I hunt his ranch and that he'd been seeing a couple by the river. The next day found me walking the river bottom where coyotes had recently killed a deer. I figured it would be a great place to call and plopped on down.
While in college and before joining the service, I hunted coyotes religiously. I love the rush you get when a dog comes in to your call and was dreaming about the good ol' days when I heard ice break along the river and saw a big male skirting my right flank. He went behind a big cottonwood, giving me time to adjust the rifle toward him and get lined up. He popped below the river bank for a second, so I gave a light mouse squeak with my mouth to bring him back up close without startling him. I was so amped up, I could hear my heart beating through my ears. Poor guy, he couldn't have been more than 15 yards looking at me quartering on when that ballistic tip caught his shoulder and sat him down hard. Man alive, I really do love hunting coyotes!
Joe

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13,796
Looks like you blew his leg off, Joe! Fine coyote you have there. :grin:

EOD Diver":1z7td5xj said:
Made it home to NM and had a chance to go out with the new Scherz rifle in 6mm Rem for coyote a couple of times. A pal let me use his press while there to load about 30 rounds. Stoked 'em with Varget and 55gr BTs good for around 3,900 FPS. I was very happy that it was hitting right where I aimed at about 250 yards on my first shot, and figured it would meet my MOC (Minute Of Coyote) requirement. It was colder than hell and I got skunked a couple of times in my regular spots. A pal suggested I hunt his ranch and that he'd been seeing a couple by the river. The next day found me walking the river bottom where coyotes had recently killed a deer. I figured it would be a great place to call and plopped on down.
While in college and before joining the service, I hunted coyotes religiously. I love the rush you get when a dog comes in to your call and was dreaming about the good ol' days when I heard ice break along the river and saw a big male skirting my right flank. He went behind a big cottonwood, giving me time to adjust the rifle toward him and get lined up. He popped below the river bank for a second, so I gave a light mouse squeak with my mouth to bring him back up close without startling him. I was so amped up, I could hear my heart beating through my ears. Poor guy, he couldn't have been more than 15 yards looking at me quartering on when that ballistic tip caught his shoulder and sat him down hard. Man alive, I really do love hunting coyotes!
Joe

That is a gorgeous rifle in THE BEST OF THE 6MM'S out there!! Way to go on the calling. I have to agree, calling coyotes is a kick in the pants.
David

Idaho spring bear

Wyoming Antelope

Washington Whitetail

Washington spike elk

All were taken with a Tikka T3 lite 7mm mag with nosler AccuBond LR's except the bear, it was taken with 140 grain Partition

Looks as 2013 was a great year for you, Gutpile. Excellent harvest of game.

Thanks much. I could have sworn I clicked the 2013 thread, sorry for putting them in the 2014 thread

Hi All Guys and Happy New Year

Great Pics. and very nice and technical comments...
Enjoy Life , Ba happy Forever
Rami

Sweet harvest Gutpile you have been busy driving and skinning for sure but well worth you effort :grin: great group of animals and that Tikka is for sure warmed up and sighted in nicely :mrgreen:

First Coyote in TOO LONG, and first ever animal with reloads!

211DD293-9056-46C8-B745-694B96EA9D58.jpg

8F790B9D-12E0-405E-8C5B-84FAC55090E2.jpg

748D5CCC-ABD1-4883-94F1-376D3B7CCEE8.jpg

Back