2006-07 Hunting pics

Caine

Beginner
Jun 14, 2005
Wy do we not put our pics for this year in one place for all to see??

I shoot my first reindeer this season.

simle06.jpg

slakt.jpg

pakket.jpg

Got the hole ting in the backpack, did som sweting back to the car :lol:

Very nice, congratulations! Beautiful country.
What caliber are you shooting Caine?

JD338

OK Thats a great Idea! and it looks like you did a great job in a beautiful part of the world!

100_1869-1.jpg

100_1871-1.jpg

100_1873-1.jpg

Im getting better at it and there will be more!

See "my son didn't get a deer but... for details of this post :wink:

JD338; I shoot a Sako finligth in 7mm Rem Mag whit a Zeizz 2.5-10x50 V Norma brass, this time i used 160 grs woodligth bullets. Ran out of 160 grs AB ust be fore the hunt. Got it trhug the lungs at 120m.

honkeetonkin; this yeare only this one, it`s not to easy to get a license for them so im happy. If i`m lucky il be back up there in 10mths time :wink:

GOOD IDEA...I WILL MAKE IT A STICKY!

Ever get bored shooting at speed goats with regular (God's Chosen) cartridges? I did...again... so my 10 year old son Stephan wanted me to use the 416 WBY Mag for my third antelope tag, a doe tag. I was planning to use my 30-06 with 150 BT's but I said sure why not? Being a Crazy Greek explains it!
So my buddy Ray, Stephan and I headed west of Laramie Wyoming.
We located a mature doe 313 yards away. By the time I got set up for the shot she was 363 yards away. My 416 was stoked with BARNES X 300 grain with a stiff charge of H4350. Velocity at the muzzle is 3125 all day long as are the 1/2" groups at 100 yards.
I took the shot and the doe took off at a dead run. You can imagine my surprise! She ran 136 yards and dropped.
Upon closer examination turns out I hit her a little lower than I wanted. This is my fault due to the difference from 313 yards (initial reading) to 363 (when she stopped). Either way that 300 Barnes X did the job and beyond. Heart/lung--JELLO. Blood looked like it had been layed out with a pale!

Overall a great hunt!

PS: THE "BEE" STINGS!
entrance wound immediately behind front left leg

SV100451.jpg

I went antelope hunting this past weekend. My boy Stephan and I had a great time. I shot two speedgoats a buck and a doe. Hunting was actually the hardest ever I experienced as far as antelope go. They had been shot at all week and you could not get remotely close to them. It was getting frustrating so I just shot the first buck and doe that provided an oppurtunity. I was using my 7mm RUM SAKO 75 SS--the youngest of the twins--the 300 RUM being the oldest . 160 accubonds at 3205 fps was the load. I shot the buck while he was trotting from left to right. Range was at 409 yards. He was hit in the right shoulder and the exit wound (shown below) was behind the left shoulder. The doe was hit (lower chest) at 333 yards she ran a little and flopped. Pictures below me/Stephan and the dinky buck.

SV100416.jpg

SV100413.jpg

The results of our '06 cow elk hunting week:
6 cow elk and one the guys' son got his first mule deer (his 2nd year able to hunt big game)
The players: Bob, Ron, Rich, Kirk, Clint, and Clint's sons Cade and Corbin

Pic of me standing next to my cow elk:
100_0040.jpg

Pic of all the animals in my truck. What a wonderful sight this is.
100_0046.jpg

Below you should find My pronghorn. Courtesy of "Helluva hunt", the good folks of Douglas Wyo., Gary and Jane, Marv, Mike, Terry, Jason, and Paul. Thanks Aagain!!

The buck went 16 1/2 inches. The shot was 264yds with a Mauser rifle in 250-3000 Savage. 100 gr. NBT

PRONGHORN064.jpg

Shoot this beaver at 60m whit my 22-250 rem. The rifle is a Tikka and the schope at zeizz c 4.5-14x50. Norma brass and bullet unknown :wink:

bevern.jpg

Well the grandson practiced, and made it count when he had to. Now we got to get him some more.

The rifle is a Ruger Compact in .308, topped with a Burris Signature 1.5x6 Electro Dot. Load was 38 grs of H-4895, Nosler 125gr BT.

He will turn 5 the week before Thanksgiving.
P1010005A.jpg

Here is a clip of the shot,
The shot

Shot this buck behind my house Sunday morning 11/5 with my Mathews MQ1 bow.

JD6pt1105062.jpg

JD338[/img]

I posted these earlier on a different post. Pop's asked me to post them here.

Here are some pictures of last weeks deer camp in the Southern Oregon Cascades. This is the type of county we hunt in. It's big county.

BanryCamp2006004.jpg

BanryCamp2006007.jpg

Here is the buck I thumped. 280 Remington CDL, launching a 150 Nosler Partition with 58 grains of H4831sc at about 2950 fps. The shot was probably about 75 yards standing off hand, slightly quartering away. I was wearing a blaze orange vest while hunting but had it off while working on the buck.

BanryCamp2006015.jpg

The photo below is my dads 4 pt hanging and my 4 pt waiting to get worked on.

BanryCamp2006033.jpg

My cousins 4pt that he killed down in an absolute hell hole. But that is where the good ones are.

BanryCamp2006039.jpg

Here's a photo of Gods' country.

BanryCamp2006047.jpg

Last of all the results of the week. The forky was killed by my cousins-cousin, the second buck is my pops the third one is mine and the forth is my cousins.

BanryCamp2006054.jpg

Fun was had by all!!

The photo below is my dads 4 pt hanging and my 4 pt waiting to get worked on.

Ust got back form 2 days hunting for roedeer, got this doe first morning. Shot whit at combi gun in 12ga and 7x57R
Got her at 75m :grin:

geit06.jpg

Back