Maine Coyotes Down

35 Whelen

Handloader
Dec 22, 2011
We have had optimal conditions here for weeks for the coyotes to slotter our deer.....Glare Ice.
They have had a hey day, until today.
That all came to a halt for some of them....... The dogs
Put them in front of the wrong fellas...
How's this for a days hunting? (y) photo0.jpg

That gives a few more deer a fighting chance. Excellent picture.

Big winter coyotes with prime pelts fetch about $100 ................. it is costing us about $45 for tanning with the two shipping costs. So by the time you spend a couple hours skinning n streaching them, there is really nothing in it, if you figure your time into it. :(
Just something to do and our summer clients love to buy them, sorta something to take home from "up country". (y)

Gotta say that calling in a coyote and canvasing him with my 250 is on my bucket list. Looks like fun, and the deer are certainly thankful. CL

Was in a meeting at my gun club last night. Dark, snowing... As the meeting was winding down, suddenly several coyotes started howling, within 100 yards of our building...

It was so funny to see the semi-bored folks at the meeting suddenly perk up! :grin:

I'll bet half of us were carrying a pistol, and several probably had rifles in their trucks outside...

But... as far as I know, we all left without firing a shot. Sigh... Maybe one of the last guys stayed a bit longer and nailed one? I hope so!

Guy

Very nice! They are some good looking coyotes and it sure is fun to call them. Helps give the deer and other critters a chance also.\

What rifles did you use?

Here is a pic of where a coyote spent along time digging for a deer buried beneath 3ft of snow like
Cement! To get to a deer, when you can plainly see the side of a 700lb cow sticking right up thru the snow! Talk about preferring venison over beef
IMAGE00200.jpg Sorry pic is so hard to see the hole.
Here is some more coyotes from a guide friend yesterday!
Dogs are working great now in this deep snow!photo0_3.jpg

Great job!
Keep killing those nasty vermin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to see someone is taking out some of these deer killers (y).
I know the guys around here are taking out quite a few as it is the start of the breeding season!!
Earle please tell them to keep up the good work (y).

Blessings,
Dan

Back