Any Elk Hunters here? Bow!?

tgoody14

Beginner
Dec 30, 2015
Draw time is coming!!! Just finished up our video from last year's New Mexico hunt! Between the 4 of us we put down 3 monster Bulls! The video is kinda long but I wanted to show the ups and downs of the emotional roller coaster of a hunt. Chasing big game on public lands is by far the toughest yet most rewarding hunting you can do!! So here ya go! If you're using a computer, click the gear box on the bottom right corner and select 1080p HD for best quality. Also it helps to be on wifi! Enjoy!!!

In 11 days, I lost 9lbs... But we put in the work, got off the roads, and saw Elk everyday!!!

https://youtu.be/TaTnYVfh9Qw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c386d0099dbecdd5aacf26b903e02315.jpg
81206a078f55869f50ad6a7aee9c901d.jpg

0a76fdee709e45ccd2ba7c102b14d66d.jpg

8a1f3db7da3a3a51089bc0837d090ac9.jpg

Congratulations on some really fine bulls! I have been bow hunting elk in Oregon since 1984 but I am now too old, 71 to do serious hunting like you young guys are doing.

Nope. No elk hunters here... Nary a one. :grin:

Welcome to the Nosler forum, and congrats on some nice bulls!

Pull up a chair and sit a while. Get to know us. A few here fling arrows time to time. Might even be an elk hunter or two lurking.

Regards, Guy

Great bulls you all took! Congratulations. I'm thinking that this year I'll finally have some time to dedicate to elk hunting with my bow!! I shoot a Martin Hunter recurve - 60#.

My son is graduating from College in Texas this spring and I ordered him a Toelke reflex/deflex longbow. Heck I can't wait to try it myself. I might need to get one. They are pretty impressive bows. Like to have near the success you folks have had. That's awesome!

Guy Miner":2qboee4b said:
Nope. No elk hunters here... Nary a one. :grin:

Welcome to the Nosler forum, and congrats on some nice bulls!

Pull up a chair and sit a while. Get to know us. A few here fling arrows time to time. Might even be an elk hunter or two lurking.

Regards, Guy

Haha I've been around, just creeping from a distance. Came over when I was reloading Nosler in my 308, found a lot of good info just by using the search button haha

Welcome to the forum, I know you will really enjoy hanging around :wink:. Those are some very fine bulls and to take them with a pointy stick is quite the accomplishment (y).
Thank you for the post and the photos.

Blessings,
Dan

sask boy":3vgke4cl said:
Welcome to the forum, I know you will really enjoy hanging around :wink:. Those are some very fine bulls and to take them with a pointy stick is quite the accomplishment (y).
Thank you for the post and the photos.

Blessings,
Dan

Much appreciated Dan!!

Gil might quality as a bow hunter and not just for Elk

tgoody14---did you get him on an Indian Res in NM ? Some of the largest I have seen have always been on reservations both in Arizona and NM.

Regardless, he is a nice one, job well done

waveslayer":sqypcim6 said:
Nice job. It was a good video

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

LOL yeaaaaaa

Europe":sqypcim6 said:
Gil might quality as a bow hunter and not just for Elk

tgoody14---did you get him on an Indian Res in NM ? Some of the largest I have seen have always been on reservations both in Arizona and NM.

Regardless, he is a nice one, job well done

National Forrest. Those Indian Res Bulls are gigantic!!! I have a friend who paid like 15k for one but like I said it was the size of a short bus

Well, draw results are out... I didn't draw anything and I had put in for 4 different animals, BUT the wife got a Muley tag so she's pumped!!! I get to film the hunt so I'm pretty happy myself! May buy an Elk landowner tag if I can't fight the itch... Only time will tell but they sure are damn proud of them LO Elk tags in NM :(

Back