Recurves and Longbows

6mm Remington

Ammo Smith
Feb 27, 2006
My son Jeffrey will be graduating from college here in a month or two. He is doing this in 3 years instead of 4 as he attended school in the summer the last two years. In addition to his classes he was a Community Leader for his dorm and earned praise for the job he was doing.

He'll be going right back this fall to get his master's degree and with his grades and the leadership he has shown, he was selected for a program they have at Baylor and as it stands right now he has about 75% of his next 4 years of school paid for! He'll find out in a couple weeks, but that could be 100%. Really proud of what he has done.

That being said I felt like he really needed something special for a graduation gift. He has been mentioning wanting a longbow so I pulled the trigger and order him a Toelke Whip one piece longbow that is 64" long with a draw weight of 52# at 28". His draw length is about 30 or a bit more so he will probably pull about 56#'s. I can't wait to get this so I can try it out! I drove up to Ronan and met with Dan Toelke who makes these bows in a shop at his house with his son Jared. He was a pleasure to deal with and I can see myself getting one of these for me!! Man they are beautiful and he does really nice work for any of you all wanting a special recurve or longbow.

David

http://montanabows.blogspot.com/p/one-a ... signs.html

That's a great gift David and you've got to be proud of that boy! I've got a niece and nephew who both graduated from Baylor. They are both doing their graduate work at other universities but, really enjoyed Baylor.

That's awesome David.

That bow should be a lot of fun for him. I love recurves and longbows.

Congratulations to Jeffrey. You have every reason to be proud of his accomplishments. That is a great gift you have for him.

Congrats to your son and to you for raising a great kid. You picked a great guy to build the bow!! I hope he smiles and thinks of the accomplishments and reason you got it for him every time he shoots it.

Back