New Mexico Draw.

Congratulations on the draws. Any idea of hunter/game densities in the areas for which you were drawn?

DrMike,where I got a deer tag there are few hunters as it is a mi-November hunt. As far as deer densities,well they are there just got to hunt for them. The problem is my cow elk hunt is about 3-4 weeks later and I rather spend the time hunting elk. In 5 days I should be able to find a herd and get a cow,but,this is hunting. ;)

Javelina,well those are causing problems in my neighbor/friend pecan orchard,which is about 4-5 miles away. :)

Thanks SJB!

From the looks of things,I did not get an antelope tag,but that is ok,I have a fall full of hunts. :)

I struck out this year. I only put in for elk. Between me ( non res) and my partner ( res) we put in for a crap load of tags. He puts in for everything available for both him and his wife and my three elk choices. Between us he drew one tag. Coues deer with rifle.

On to Colorado I guess.

Good luck with the upcoming hunts. What part of the state are you hunting in? I put in for the teens archery. Two years ago I hunted 45 during muzzleloader and dropped a bull in the Pecos Wilderness.

I will be hunting deer and elk in the Sacramento mountains. Deer will be near Mayhill and elk,not to far from Sunspot. Javelina,well,that hunt will be out of my house,as they are only 3-4 miles away. ;)

Have a very good friend that had his heart set on an Elk tag
He is medically" running out of time". But unfortunately he didnt make it either. Bunch of locals were all set up to put him right on a nice bull. Too darn bad as he will not be around for the next draw the way it is looking.
Funny how life goes sometimes.......

35 Whelen":13jioeee said:
He is medically" running out of time". But unfortunately he didnt make it either. Bunch of locals were all set up to put him right on a nice bull. Too darn bad as he will not be around for the next draw the way it is looking.

I'd look into buying a landowner tag if that was me. You can't take the $ with you...

Dr. Vette":24u5o40d said:
35 Whelen":24u5o40d said:

I'd look into buying a landowner tag if that was me. You can't take the $ with you...

For darned sure!

I hear ya , however what little bit he has left that the hospital n rest of medical clan havent already taken, the drug companys "legal bandits" have. :evil:
It would have been all he could do to have pulled it off ; had he drawn.......

My old man drew another Gila tag... 2 years in a row! I guess I get to guide again on some monster bulls...

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

Guiding can be quite satisfying when you're afield with someone you love and respect. Congratulations to your dad.

Back