Montana Draw

truck driver

Ammo Smith
Mar 11, 2013
Just got the news that I drew both Elk and Deer tags for Montana and the special Mule Deer is still pending.
The wife has already reserved a wall in the house for the Elk mount :lol:
She really knows how to put the pressure on. :lol:
Now I really have to get busy :grin:

TD, your wife knows you all too well, no pressure there at all! Hopefully you'll have a great hunt, any ideas of where you'll be hunting?

We'll all be wishing you success, Rodger. Great opportunity for you. Hopefully, we'll hear from Rol shortly to see if both of you are sharing in this good fortune. It will be a great hunt, no doubt.

It's awesome to marry well. Since there is so much pressure, do you "need" a new rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjcmichigan":35ocgo78 said:
It's awesome to marry well. Since there is so much pressure, do you "need" a new rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually I already did that prior to the draw hoping I would get lucky. I like to be prepared :mrgreen:
DrMike":35ocgo78 said:
We'll all be wishing you success, Rodger. Great opportunity for you. Hopefully, we'll hear from Rol shortly to see if both of you are sharing in this good fortune. It will be a great hunt, no doubt.
:roll: :mrgreen:

Only yesterday I assured TD that all was under control, re.. Licenses. Yes we both were drawn.
Rodger and I will be South of Alder MT headquartered at Upper Canyon Outfitters.. I will be showing Rodger around on his unguided hunt, not carrying my rifle during his hunt as I will be hunting after Rodger fills his tags. I will be carrying bear spray and bear medicine just in case..we encounter a bear when Rodger is not nearby with his rifle.

Rol_P":mssznaos said:
I will be carrying ... bear medicine just in case..we encounter a bear when Rodger is not nearby with his rifle.

Bear medicine? :? Pepto bismol? :? You're concerned about bruin indigestion? :?

Seriously, congratulations to both of you. Sounds like a great hunt! (y)

DrMike":fty5iqw4 said:
Rol_P":fty5iqw4 said:
I will be carrying ... bear medicine just in case..we encounter a bear when Rodger is not nearby with his rifle.

Bear medicine? :? Pepto bismol? :? You're concerned about bruin indigestion? :?

Seriously, congratulations to both of you. Sounds like a great hunt! (y)
If we do encounter a bear I'll offer him a sip or two of some Knob Creek for letting us trespass around his home. always pays to make friends. :roll: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Thanks for the laughs Dr. Mike, I always enjoy your posts.. (y) :grin:
Had not thought about pepto bismol but maybe I should ask Rodger to carry some just in case.. :lol:
Thanks for all the good wishes fellas..

Well, Rol, I know that bears like Charmin bathroom tissue (I've got several cases for baiting this spring. Just set it out and wait for the bears to come squeeze it, or (ugh!) use it, and BAM! There's my spring bear.) Just didn't realise that they got upset stomachs so easily, though with all that pepper (from the spray) I should have known. I mean, after all, these bears aren't all that used to Tex-Mex food. Shoulda' known. :mrgreen:

Thanks for all the well wishes fellows. This is my first excursion west with out being behind the wheel of a truck so I plan on taking it all in.

Pepto Bismal for the bears Hmmmm only if Rol spoons it to them. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
One thing for sure they won't need any Charmin after taking it. :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

AFG270":wrjuy7nz said:
Well congratulations! Good luck on your hunt, is that 338 WM dialed in?
It's getting there and will be done in time to go. I just need some minor tweaking of the loads and then stretch it's legs some and it will be good to go.

Rodger that is great news my friend (y). I am wondering what part of Montana are you going to be hunting?
I am sure looking forward to your photos and a good story or two of your adventure.

Blessings,
Dan

sask boy":17062dfy said:
Rodger that is great news my friend (y). I am wondering what part of Montana are you going to be hunting?
I am sure looking forward to your photos and a good story or two of your adventure.

Blessings,
Dan
Rol and I will be hunting out of Upper Canyon lodge near Alders Montana which is located in the south west part of the state.

Back