Arctic Grizzly

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Am hoping Gerry posts a photo I sent him a bit ago.

I've been operating in "radio silence" because I was in the Brooks Range, well north of the Arctic Circle hunting the past week or more.

Long story made short: I drove from Washington to Fairbanks. About 2200 miles. Then boarded an itty bitty airplane with my backpack and rifle. Another hunter and I flew to Fort Yukon, then on to our hunting area. He tagged an incredibly beautiful Arctic grizzly with one shot from his 7mm Rem Mag.

I am headed home in the trusty Jeep, and hoping to spend some time with Dr Mike in the next few days.

Yes, I managed a white wolf and an 8' Arctic grizzly during my time up north.

Took the wolf at about 250 yards and the grizzly at 50 yards and less, with my .30-06 Rem 700. It was a rather exciting 30 - 60 seconds at the end of my grizzly hunt and I ended up using my guides rifle to kill the bear after the bear was down and dying.

The wolf was nowhere near as exciting, but still very valued. The hides look great. The hunt was challenging.

I'm currently working my way south through The Yukon, heading towards home. My trip has been incredible, and there is so much more to share once I've got something other than a phone to use.

Yes, a genuine 8' Arctic grizzly. I am so grateful! Have a lot of photos to share, once I get home.

BTW, Gerry and his wonderful wife serve EXCELLENT meals!

Guy

Super, Guy. I'm looking forward to the pictures. We have a place ready when you get here.

From our good friend Mr Miner, a bear of a lifetime.................

It was great to have you here on the way up. Guy is exactly what I thought he would be which is a top notch guy. I'm glad it worked out so well for you, want to hear the rest of the story, sounds like there was a bit of unplanned fun at the end......................

Congrats Guy,
Thats a nice looking bear ! And great to hear the old 06 is still gettin er done. That country behind you looks firmilar,
Its beautiful up there for sure and usually decent weather.
Great desision to hunt the Brooks Range, my favorite part of Alaska.

Thanks for posting the photo Gerry!

Yes, hunt of a lifetime for me.

Guy

Man I can't wait to hear more of the story and must see many more pictures! The old 30-06 gets it done again. Wonderful stuff Guy.

gerry":2s6yzw4a said:
From our good friend Mr Miner, a bear of a lifetime.................

Congrats beautiful looking bear. If your heading home through southern B.C. and
need a place to crash your welcome to stop here as well.

Definitely a handsome bruin; an honourable quarry for a true hunter.

Guy,

I have patiently been waiting for this thread. I kept my mouth shut, but every day I have been watching the forum for this thread, and here it is. Wow, what a nice bear, I am so very happy for you. It will make a nice rug, if that is the direction you decide to go. What else did you see Guy besides bear and wolf. I dont know the Brooks range but was wondering if you were able to view herds of caribou an maybe a few sheep. CONGRATULATIONS!

Best Regards

Jamila

Back