YEEEEEEE HAAAAAA

Best get in shape and start practicing with the rifles,your hunt will be here before you know it.

Congratulations, Rodger. Should be a good hunt for you fellas. When you heading out?

That is great news Rodger :wink: I am sure you will have a great hunt (y).
I am looking forward to a great story along with lots of photos.

Blessings,
Dan

DrMike":1ak9511o said:
Congratulations, Rodger. Should be a good hunt for you fellas. When you heading out?
I've been booked for the second week of the Montana season and can hardly wait. Wish I was already there doing some scouting and learning there habits.
6mm Remington":1ak9511o said:
Congratulations! What part of the state will you be hunting, and is this for deer and elk?
The best I can tell you is south west of Billings Rol_P has been hunting there in the past and knows the area I'll be staying at the Upper Canyon outfitters Lodge.

Thanks everyone for the congrats and good luck wishes.

We will be about 24 miles south of Alder MT. hunting National Forest land. That puts us roughly 50 miles north and west of Yellowstone National Park. I am looking forward to showing Rodger around the area and just being in Montana again. Upper Canyon Outfitters, Donna and Jake McDonald have a great operation, that is why I keep returning.

Rol_P":11ao1mpg said:
We will be about 24 miles south of Alder MT. hunting National Forest land. That puts us roughly 50 miles north and west of Yellowstone National Park. I am looking forward to showing Rodger around the area and just being in Montana again. Upper Canyon Outfitters, Donna and Jake McDonald have a great operation, that is why I keep returning.
Gosh I'm so excited I couldn't remember where we going to be Rol. :grin:

tddeangelo":luxpfoms said:
Can't wait to see the results of your trip, Rodger. Sounds like a good one!
Thanks Tom like you this is a first for me so it will be interesting.
Your hunt sounds pretty good also and I'm rooting for you to tag out Buddy.

Roger

Congratulations on your elk tags. Time to get the 338 WM out.

JD338

Rol_P":3jy16b2e said:
Haven't seen my tags, maybe I will just be Rodger's gun bearer.. :lol:
Rol did you hear from Montana fish and game yet on your tags?

My tags arrived and I am anxious to head west..
The mountains are calling and I must go.....
Big decision is which rifle(s) to bring. The Remington 700 CDL took my first elk and Mulie, the Montana ASR took my elk at long range, (for me). The Ruger Number 1 is a sweet shooting accurate single shot using the same loads used in the other two.

Back