2017 Wyoming Leftover Licenses Change

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Leftover Licenses

LEFTOVER LICENSE DRAW - Any leftover licenses from the initial draw will be distributed through a leftover draw. The list of leftover licenses will be available below, on June 22. The application period will be five days, June 26-30, 2017.

Leftover draw results will be available on July 13.

The leftover draw has different rules than the initial draw. In the leftover draw, hunters should know:
There is no quota split. Resident and non-residents will be placed in the same draw pool.
Residents and non-residents can apply together in a party (up to 6 individuals) for licenses.
There are no application fees.
Preference points cannot used, and you will not lose preference points if you draw a leftover license.
The leftover draw license availability is based on what is not allocated in the initial draw. The leftover draw does not have any influence on the initial draw.

That is probably a decent thing. A little more fair for everyone as a whole.

I liked the old system better. If you really wanted a tag, you were online ready when the time came. now you are competing with those who are not so avid. Once again we are equalizing us all. :oops: :evil:

I think this is fairer. A few years ago everyone was at the ready by their PC's and the G&F website crashed!

...the WYG&F site has been 'crashed' for 2 days, just people looking for results, I think a 5 day window for a 'leftover' drawing is going to be a disaster...

Back