Black bear kills 16 year old athlete

Saw this report of Fox News this morning. No question but that black bears are still a formidable opponent. While most are not aggressors, they are still dangerous.

So very uncommon, to bad for all.
I hiked in that park after a wildfire assignment a few years back.

That is so sad, but as many have stated they are wild animals and are not always predictable.
I have encountered black bears on numerous occasions while camping, hunting and fishing but have been fortunate that none have shown any aggression.
Prayers to the family and friends of that young man.

Blessings,
Dan

I got tied up in the road closure yesterday before they found the body. It's a terrible tragedy. We have had several bear attacks so far this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prayers to the family, so very sorry that this happened.

bear78, hodgeman, is slug guns the common carry of your conservation officers ?

Prayers to the family of this young man. Hard to make any sense of something like this happening, but it does.

Sounds like a predatory attack to me. Sad news, hope the family will be able to find some peace.

Thankful Otter":uro94tcd said:
prayers to the family, so very sorry that this happened.

bear78, hodgeman, is slug guns the common carry of your conservation officers ?

Yes- AST typically have an 870 with Brenneke slugs and a sidearm.

Oddly, enough- we had a second attack near Delta today. A woman at Pogo Mine was killed by a black bear. No real details yet from that one.

Fish and game normally issue 870s with brenneke black magic slugs or bolt 375 h&h.

Some of the troopers supplement with their own rifles. I know one trooper who worked out of Cordova that carried a Marlin guide gun in 45/70 , loaded with garret 540gr loads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back