Sons, Daughters, grandchildren

Europe

Handloader
Jun 18, 2014
What will your sons, daughters and/or grandchildren hunt this year ? And will you be hunting with them ?

My grandson will hunt moose, elk and black bear--plus as many waterfowl hunts that he can squeeze in between school, sports, and work
My granddaughter will hunt coues deer, turkey, elk and hopefully goat ( the goat trip is still being figured out ) and the granddaughter also wants to hunt something in Europe with her grandmother and we are thinking Austria. I think she would like Austria and we could share her daily experiences when she returned to the chalet each evening.
My children hunt every year but not with their mother any more, mainly because their mother doesn't hunt anymore lol

My 10 year old daughter will be deer hunting with me. 30-06 with 125 NABs at between 3000-3100. She used a 270 in a youth stock shooting Sierra 110s last season to take her first 2 deer (both does), so hopefully she will get a buck this season

10 year old daughter will be rifle hunting whitetails in November as long as she can handle the recoil. ( .223 or .243win) Then in December we will chase whitetails with muzzleloader again, but this time with her own muzzleloader.

8 year old daughter will be tagging along, no weapon at this time.

4.5 year old daughter is begging to go. " Daddy I want to go hunting with you guys"... Not sure I have a blind big enough for all three at once but we will see.

2.5 year old will probably just be hunting for her big sisters... She walks around the house saying " Hey Guys" over and over and over until she finds them... :)

Our 11 year old daughter will be hunting whitetail, wolves, and coyotes with me this year, as well as shooting trap.
20161118_154419.jpg

Youngest son is in his mid 20's now.

We'll hunt together. Probably black bear, mule deer, maybe whitetail, and maybe elk.

AND pheasant & chukar! (y)

Guy

My son (my only sprout) will be hunting caribou, waterfowl, and upland game with me this year. He's got a new .270 he's looking to put to work on a nice bull.

My grandson hasn't gotten the hunting bug yet though he likes to shoot my rifles. It's tough finding some place where I can take him around where I live to get him interested with all the farms being developed. When I was growing up houses were few and far between now there everywhere.

Mine probably won't hunt this year which is kind of sad. One son has kind of lost interest in hunting. There are other things on his mind the last few years that take up almost all his energy. The desire to hunt was instilled in him at a young age and I know it's in there so at this point I do not push.

The younger is eat up with hunting but, he can't go this year either. He is starting College this Fall and will be out of town. And to be frank, he needs to devote as much time as possible to studying. Most likely he will be dear hunting instead of deer hunting.

That's OK because there is always next year.

I am hoping Dylann gets back out with me this Fall and gets another buck. She had a lapse the last couple of years, but has been shooting a bunch lately and started asking about some of the rifles I have and what she could use for deer this year.

Brandon will likely be in recruit training this year, so I doubt he will have much of a chance to hunt. He does wear out my AR's and shoots his 7x57 and 300 Wby quite often. I know he was sorta bummed out when I told I got my elk tags this year since he knew he wouldn't be able to go. I hope both of them continue to shoot and hunt when they want. Seems like if you give them a friendly nudge when they are young they come back around.

Some of the best hunts EVER!!!

Sure great pictures of the children, Scotty.

Don't know if Noah (almost 16) will do much hunting this year. He has discovered girls and... Still, I'll do my best to help him refocus. Sara (10) has announced that she is a young lady and doesn't want to kill anything. Still, she is willing to go hunting with her Pa. Hannah (18) went with me a couple of times last year. She has become a vegan (where did I fail), but she wanted to be with me, so she came along. She has indicated that she will likely do the same this year. Her boyfriend has indicated that he would like to take up hunting with me. Okay, that is a possibility.

Absolutely a possibility Dr. Mike!

With having 4 girls I know the odds of all 4 being as obsessed with the outdoors as I am is highly unlikely. There is always boyfriends and son in laws to fill in the gaps.

PS.. I am open to being adopted. I even know how to work on Model 70's... :)

pre6422hornet":190bmsce said:
Absolutely a possibility Dr. Mike!

With having 4 girls I know the odds of all 4 being as obsessed with the outdoors as I am is highly unlikely. There is always boyfriends and son in laws to fill in the gaps.

PS.. I am open to being adopted. I even know how to work on Model 70's... :)

Oh, yeah, I need a son from the States--preferably a largish son willing to carry moose/elk quarters. :mrgreen: Adoption season may be opening soon. :lol:

Back