Boot insoles. Forefoot pain.

mjcmichigan

Handloader
Dec 26, 2016
Sharing some foot health info that took me a couple years to find, years of a podiatrist, and found a workable solution on my own... so sharing.

I had developed a problem in my forefoot. Likely from weight lifting too much on my legs/feet. The symptom was extreme pain in the fore foot. It felt like I was standing on a large marble for hours. Walking on uneven surfaces or sloped surfaces made it worse.

The diagnosis is pinching of nerves between the toes (3-4, and 2-3).

I need a Meta-tarsal arch. And 5E shoes.
This arch travels behind the toes. (Left to right)

I found two insoles that incorporate the metatarsal arch that works great for that problem.

"Good feet" (very expensive $200-$400), need to work through one of their retailers. [emoji37]
http://www.goodfeet.com

"Pedag Viva" (very affordable $15-$30).
https://www.pedagusa.com/198-viva-winter
Pedag comes in warm and cool flavors. Have winter ones in my hunting boots, summer cool breathing ones in my running shoes.
You can get at shoes stores or online stores.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had a similar problem a few years ago. I worked on a concrete floor and it felt like there was a big stick under my skin in the center of my foot. It just kept getting worse so I went to family doctor, I told him there were circulation problems in the balls of both feet.
He examined me and said there was no circulation problems. Then he asked me if I was still breaking a lot of boards with front kicks. Well yeah, every tournament I break a lot of boards in exhibition. At the time I was running a TKD school.
So he gave me a prescription and said I had nerve damage in both feet. I took one and took a nap, when I woke up my feet felt better than they had in years. I have never had a problem since. The prescription was for Lyrica.

I also suffer from neuroma in my feet. Doc prescribed custom insoles - one set for work shoes and one set for athletic shoes. They help greatly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back