Alberta draw results in.

leadchucker

Beginner
Sep 19, 2012
Well got my ewe sheep draw and antlered mule deer.[SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]. Thinking the .257wby for the ewe and the .308 for the mule.[THUMBS UP SIGN]getting excited lol!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

It's been awhile since I've fired up some sheep back straps. .I can't wait lol. Side of mountain.. open fire...sizzling. .mmm..[SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]

Little scouting trip today. Found em.[THUMBS UP SIGN]
74304d3a40bfffdbe854912f95cc9a7f.jpg

They're sure curious, aren't they. Are you down toward Cadomin? I lived in Jasper for a couple of years and frequently made trips over to that area to watch the sheep and do a little fishing.

DrMike":n0kuxwu0 said:
They're sure curious, aren't they. Are you down toward Cadomin? I lived in Jasper for a couple of years and frequently made trips over to that area to watch the sheep and do a little fishing.
Yes they sure are haha. We were south of cadomin and a little bit north of nordegg. Was nice to get out and stretch the legs!

Congratulations leadchucker it looks like you got drawn in the right area :wink:.
I am looking forward to your up coming hunts with photos I hope :mrgreen:.
Thank you for the photographs they are great (y).

Blessings,
Dan

I will keep everyone posted. Sheep opener is Sept. 10th!

Congratulations on the tags, looks like you shouldn't have too much trouble filling that sheep tag.

leadchuker. congratulations and best of luck

the 257 wea should work real well. Love that caliber.

Is drawing a sheep tag in Alberta a hard one to get ?

I spent time North of Cold Lake in Alberta and we went to the Calgary Stampede a couple times. But the trip I loved in Alberta was when we went to a wedding in Baniff. Loved the scenery and really loved that old hotel in the middle of the national park. What a lovely setting and great hotel. It actually looks like a castle, a large castle

Yes Banff is beautiful. As for sheep, non trophy sheep is on draw and can be a 2-10 year wait depending on the zone. Rams are still an over the counter tag for residents.

Thanks gerry. I hope they are still around come hunting time.

Back