Arizona deer tag

69gto

Handloader
Mar 6, 2016
Had a charge of $300 on my credit card so I guess I drew either 12b west late or 12a west late for mule deer, results should be posted any day, This means two long trips as my early Arizona bull tag starts Oct 6 and deer starts Nov 24.

Congratulations on your upcoming season, I will be looking forward to a great hunting story with photos :wink:.

Blessings,
Dan

Congratulations! If you have a portal on the Arizona Game and Fish website, the results are posted.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, I just checked the portal and I drew my first choice 12b west late hunt. Been applying since 1985 for deer before they started points, drew with 19. Been luckier on elk, drew muzzle loader in 1995, archery in 2005 and finally early rifle this year.

Congratulations 69gto, best of luck to you sir.

My home state ( although I am no longer anywhere close to it ) has some great hunting opportunities. I know things are not as easy to hunt or to even get a tag to hunt as it was 20, 30, 40, 50 years ago--but--dont overlook Arizona. Some of the best Elk hunting we ever enjoyed was on the indian reservations in Arizona. Coues deer hunts are challenging --plus if your lucky, Antelope, Elk, Deer, Bear, turkey, mountain lion, javelina, sheep, bison, crane, quail, pheasant, grouse, chukar, ducks and geese.

However maybe hereinaz did not want me to let anyone know what a great hunting state Arizona is---hereinaz, what do you have on the hunting agenda this year ?

69gto":2e84uzbb said:
Thanks guys, I just checked the portal and I drew my first choice 12b west late hunt. Been applying since 1985 for deer before they started points, drew with 19. Been luckier on elk, drew muzzle loader in 1995, archery in 2005 and finally early rifle this year.

Congratulations. Sounds promising. (y)

Congrats on the draws. Shoot straight and keep us posted![SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Congrats on drawing.

I'm in Tucson right now and man, there has to be animals in the hills around here!

Congrats!

We're getting plenty of rain this season so the antler growth should be outstanding.

Good luck to you on both your hunts.

Vince

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Europe":1hqtx8t3 said:

My home state ( although I am no longer anywhere close to it ) has some great hunting opportunities. I know things are not as easy to hunt or to even get a tag to hunt as it was 20, 30, 40, 50 years ago--but--dont overlook Arizona. Some of the best Elk hunting we ever enjoyed was on the indian reservations in Arizona. Coues deer hunts are challenging --plus if your lucky, Antelope, Elk, Deer, Bear, turkey, mountain lion, javelina, sheep, bison, crane, quail, pheasant, grouse, chukar, ducks and geese.

However maybe hereinaz did not want me to let anyone know what a great hunting state Arizona is---hereinaz, what do you have on the hunting agenda this year ?
Arizona is terrible. Lies, all lies! The buffalo stay in the Grand Canyon park. The elk went to New Mexico. We has no mule deer. And, the whitetail we have are so tiny. The antelope, well, all eaten by coyotes. Coyotes got so hungry, they started chasing road runners. You know how that ends from the Saturday morning documentaries about Wiley. Now, we got no coyotes.

Don't waste your time. Its a desert out here.

I won't be available, a week in September, the first week of October, the first week of December. Or, scattered days between. It's top-secret what I will be doing.

And, Vince I think I am going to have to come up there in August to work on the singing canine problem you have. :)

hereinaz":21orvgo2 said:
Europe":21orvgo2 said:

Arizona is terrible. Lies, all lies! The buffalo stay in the Grand Canyon park. The elk went to New Mexico. We has no mule deer. And, the whitetail we have are so tiny. The antelope, well, all eaten by coyotes. Coyotes got so hungry, they started chasing road runners. You know how that ends from the Saturday morning documentaries about Wiley. Now, we got no coyotes.

Don't waste your time. Its a desert out here.

Man, I hurt for you. Must be terrible living in such a desert! (y)

Congratulation on your draw, 69gto. That is definitely a dream hunt.

April, hereinaz is correct, nothing left in AZ except desert, don't waste your time. lol

hereinaz":70jecgm1 said:
I won't be available, a week in September, the first week of October, the first week of December. Or, scattered days between. It's top-secret what I will be doing.

And, Vince I think I am going to have to come up there in August to work on the singing canine problem you have. :)

Door's open. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back