Healthy Birds

truck driver

Ammo Smith
Mar 11, 2013
During my travels today I spotted this flock of wild Turkeys. There was about 12 adults and I couldn't count all the chicks in the tall weeds and soy beans.
There was also a very nice White tail Buck in velvet running in and out of the bushes, he wasn't sure what I was up too and didn't trust me but the Turkeys were content to just keep feeding across the field. The birds were a good 200yds off the road so the pictures are not the best but you can click on them and they should enlarge.

Attachments

• KIMG0396.jpg
    KIMG0396.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 546
  • KIMG0397.jpg
    KIMG0397.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 546
That's great! Love me some turkey hunting. Nice to see a hen and her chicks. Hopefully they had a good hatch this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There where several hens with chicks at least a couple of dozen. By the time I thought to get a picture half of them had gotten into the wood line. Biggest flock of birds that I have seen for a long while.

jimbires":3pbxe4nh said:
I like seeing this stuff , especially if I see them first .
I here yeah Jim. I was riding along a gravel road with my wife when I caught movement out of the corner of my eye and had drove past them and stopped to back up to be sure I saw what I thought I saw and show the wife.
There was a nice young Buck with them but every time I tried to get him in the picture with them he would trot out of view.

I enjoy traveling the grid roads around Regina at dusk as you can always spot the odd Whitetail or coyote.

Blessings,
Dan

Great! Spring gobbler is probably one of my favorite types of hunting..I've been making my own calls for years and can't wait to try this copper call in a Ciricote wood pot this spring!!

Attachments

• copper.jpg
    copper.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 444
Very handsome caller. Looks as if a piece of kit which anyone would be proud to own.

Nice looking call.
What kind of tone do you get from the copper? I have a V block call with a aluminum strip in the base of it that gives off a deep raspy yelp that works well but still prefer the mouth calls so I can keep both hands free and have less movement.

truck driver":3d93arrz said:
Nice looking call.
What kind of tone do you get from the copper? I have a V block call with a aluminum strip in the base of it that gives off a deep raspy yelp that works well but still prefer the mouth calls so I can keep both hands free and have less movement.

With a blue gum striker this one has a really good, raspy deep to mid range hen sound. like a happy and content hen just going about her business, not too excited or aggressive. Probably one of the most natural/realistic sounding calls I have..Good late season call..But if you use a rosewood or cumaru striker, and really get into it, it gets loud, raspy and excited..

Back