Black Bear

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Headed out in the morning with my youngest son, for black bear here in central Washington.

He's taking the 30-30 Glenfield with the 2.5x Leupold and 170 gr factory ammo.

I think I'm taking the .500 S&W revolver... Just for a change... We'll see what I yank out of the safe in the morning.

Regards, Guy

Sheesh! You're going to shoot, gut, clean, and cook that poor blackie with that .500 Mag![emoji51][emoji12]

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

Good luck Guy. Looking forward to your pictures.
Taking the .500 you must be planning to get up close and personal with one.

Good Luck to your son! I too like to "grab something from the safe, just for something different" A bunch of times I'll take Dad's old Win '94 in 38-55 for deer..Around here bear hunting has turned into 20 dogs running them up a tree and 10 men following behind to shoot them out....If that's their thing, all fine and dandy. Don't want to knock somebody's way of hunting, but its just not my cup of tea. It's hard to stand hunt with a million dogs running the woods.

Good luck to you and your son today on your black bear hunt! Hopefully you both get one!

Good luck to both of you :wink:!! Hunting with your son now life does not get much better than that.
Guy I hope that remembered to take your camera :mrgreen:.
Remember shoot straight, have fun and most of all be safe (y).

Blessings,
Dan

Back from our morning hunt. Lots of bear sign, no bear. Stopped at a great cafe on the way home for a huge meal. I think it's nap time now.
Young, scruffy fellow claims he's related to me. Carrying my 30-30 Glenfield:
aS7U8gql.jpg

The 500 S&W stayed home. Shoulder holster and the hunting pack weren't getting along. So, took the Ruger Number One, aka "Dad's bear rifle."
lVTJo1Rl.jpg

Big game?
1LPoG5ql.jpg

Got a text from a friend a few minutes ago - they've got a bear breaking branches in their orchard... We may have a better place to try!

Guy

That squirrel was looking mighty dangerous. Good thing I had the 375 H&H with me!

Guy

HAWKEYESATX":2ujf6exm said:
I hear the Squirrels up there can be pretty deadly. LOL

Love the Marlin 336 .30-30 and the Ruger #1 in .375 H&H. I want to get another .375 at some point, but I think I'm going to be pleasantly surprised with my Marlin 1895 .45-70

Back