Really?

hunter24605

Handloader
Apr 30, 2016
First deer and then turkey wandered right into my firing line....It appears the rumor I started about my inability to shoot and the safest place to be is right in my line of sight is spreading through the animal kingdom.... :roll:

Attachments

• 20170819_152600 (1).jpg
    20170819_152600 (1).jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 681
  • 20170829_121943.jpg
    20170829_121943.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 681
Its not your shooting.....There's a coon standing behind you holding a big sign that says, "HE DOSENT HAVE A TAG...." :) CL

Nice shot cloverleaf (y) My 100 yard range is in a timbered gully. I frequently have both deer and turkeys cross below me when I am shooting.

Great pictures. We have a moose who positions herself (and her calf or calves) at about 600 yards directly above the range. She is on the hillside, so the bullets don't fly directly at her. Still, it is disconcerting at times. We often have a fox and her kits frolicking under the 100 yard butts. For a couple of years, a black bear would laze on the handgun berm. Occasionally, he would peer over the berm to assess what cartridge was being used. Animals. They can be very amusing.

It also seems they have access to the DNR's list of opening and closing dates.

We constantly have to chase deer of the range at my Sportsman club, even an elk or two sometimes.

I joke about this all the time; deer in my area hold meetings in September discussing how to avoid me. There has got to be a mole in my camp!

and the sound of gun fire RUNS wildlife out of the area?????
I once had a climber on a tree in the woods not more than 85 yards
from my brothers house. He came home form work, not knowing I
was there, and proceeded to target shoot with pistols in his back yard.
About 10 minutes later a very nice buck came slowly slipping through
the woods not more than 35 yards from my stand. Gun fire clears the
area of wildlife???

Gunfire can scare the critters, alarming them and alerting them to our presence.

However, if they're around gunfire a lot, such as at a range, they become accustomed to it. Just noise, no danger. I too have had to shoo deer off the range.

Get out somewhere truly wild, where gunshots are ONLY associated with hunting, and results may be different.

Guy

Guy Miner":ph989la9 said:
Gunfire can scare the critters, alarming them and alerting them to our presence.

However, if they're around gunfire a lot, such as at a range, they become accustomed to it. Just noise, no danger. I too have had to shoo deer off the range.

Get out somewhere truly wild, where gunshots are ONLY associated with hunting, and results may be different.

Guy

Yep...Just look at deer that feed along the interstate, they ignore the vehicles and road noise..But a deep woods deer will prick up its ears and tail twitch at the slightest unfamiliar sound. It's all about the ambient noise they are used to.

Back