Wyoming Antelope hunt help

shoots_5

Handloader
May 15, 2009
Ok, a friend and I and possibly my Dad are looking at planning a Wyoming antelope hunt in the future. I know nothing about Wyoming....never been there. Looking for any advice on hunt units at this point that you all might suggest as areas with good numbers of animals. Also any idea on how many points it takes to draw the suggested unit would be helpful as well. Would be traveling there from Eastern Oregon.

Thanks,
Tim

I used to live in Wyoming, and there were tons of them in the S.E. quadrant of the state. Usually not too far out of Cheyenne. Another place would be outside of Rawlins. There a plenty in that vicinity as well.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

Are you looking for a public land hunt, private land with a trespass fee, or a guided hunt?
For a guided hunt I have been with Bear Track Outfitters in Buffalo WY a total of 3 times in the last 4 yrs and really enjoyed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mwess1113":339k67a1 said:
Are you looking for a public land hunt, private land with a trespass fee, or a guided hunt?
For a guided hunt I have been with Bear Track Outfitters in Buffalo WY a total of 3 times in the last 4 yrs and really enjoyed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Public land....sorry I should have mentioned that. Unless someone has some sweet private land they are willing to let us on!

Are you looking @ shooting some antelope or a once in a lifetime buck? Kinda a different process, some areas have 2000+ tags available, limited public access, relatively few good bucks, other areas have a much higher ratio of good bucks & public land, a lot less tags & a lot higher demand, some units have fair access, some decent bucks, & odds of drawing aren't too bad.

Get specific about what your looking for in the nature of your hunt expectations and we can help you out a lot faster.

Check out the HMA areas that the state has to offer. We have been hunting these for years, yes you must follow the process to apply for a permission slip and it is subject to a drawing but this allows you access to private ranches. The one HMA we hunt is about 12 miles by 12 miles and we have never failed to fill our tags.

Back