Off to AK moose hunting tomorrow

IdahoCTD

Handloader
Nov 4, 2004
Tomorrow at 5:56PM my hunting buddy, his brother and myself head to AK for a fly in moose hunt. My buddy and his brother went to school with a guy that lives up there and luckily he has done most of the planning. He and his hunting buddy are coming with us also but I have the feeling they would rather hike up the hill after a sheep then chase moose. Last Monday they flew in and established camp so now the 5 of us just need to fly in with our gear. That happens starting at 5:30am on Wed. and we aren't scheduled to be out until the 19th. We fly home on the 20th.

I'm pretty excited and shot the 3 shot group in the picture at 947yds this morning. The red bullseye is about 4.75" and the grid lines are 1". The moose might be in trouble if they get within range.

Attachments

• 947yd group.jpg
    947yd group.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 963
For sure, you've done all that you can to be prepared. Now, to find the moose. I do hope you connect. We're all pulling for you!

Thanks guys. They said there were trails and sign everywhere around the lake when they hauled gear in.

IdahoCTD":1petxd85 said:
We are hunting around Tok.

Just up the road- drop me a note if you get the opportunity and are passing through Delta!

It's my 300wsm. Some of us are driving from Fairbanks and some are flying.

Nathan,
Wishing you the best of luck. Hope you and your group have a successful hunt.
Nice shooting too.

JD338

Nathan it looks like you have the shooting end of the hunt all looked after :wink:.
I am looking forward to your story with lots of photos I hope (y).
Please remember shoot straight, have fun and most of all be safe :).

I thank our Lord every day for this time of year :mrgreen:!!

Blessings,
Dan

Back