Oregon 2017 deer camp

baltz526

Handloader
Sep 25, 2005
Starts in 17 days!. Drew the Fort Rock unit again. I will be up on big buck ridge, right up from Meat buck basin. If you drew 177 give me a shout.

Good luck and remember we all like a good story or 2 with lots of photos :wink:.
Shoot straight, have fun and most of all be Safe.
Thank you for the post.

Blessings,
Dan

Baltz,
I wish you luck. As we spoke about earlier I will be close to you in the Paulina unit.
Unfortunately, I will probably end up on no deer butte or where am I flats... :lol:

Camo

Well, if "Big Buck Ridge" is like every "Elk Creek" I've ever been to, you won't see anything!

Good luck!

rodell":2vvfqzwd said:
Well, if "Big Buck Ridge" is like every "Elk Creek" I've ever been to, you won't see anything!

Good luck!

Ain't it the truth! :mrgreen:

I hunt Mule deer in an area we call the "buck farm".. Killed quite a few from there.. Maybe its a name thing. lol
Take care
Ed

We had our fist hard frost yesterday morning. Feels like deer season. 11 days.

1 week. My wife just had a test proving she has the worst version of the Flu. 2nd confirmed case in Oregon according to the doctor. She has been on vacation for 10 days and is still out of town. As I sit here this morning feeling every ache and pain, Blurry eyes and low grade headache. I am wondering if I am just Imagining things and dodged a bullet. Or she got me before she left.

Get well! The flu can be extremely debilitating. Hope your wife gets well quickly and you dodge the bullet on this. It is getting near time for my annual flu shot.

The good news, She was on vacation in Seattle. Breathing and hacking all around the space needle area for a week. Not in the senior center here or at church.

3 days and I will be in camp. Mt bike is in the truck along with a tree stand. Still solo.

Baltz,
Good luck and hope you cross paths with a big one. It looks like the weather will cool down and might get some moisture too before season ends.

Camo

A little moisture a few days but then it dried out. No sneaking around in the woods was possible most days. Lot of hiking making a lot of noise. I spent about an equal time on deer and cougar. Got close on both, even got close to a bear or two. Typical tough dense forest hunting. The giant buck was in his area, I chased him around a few days, But he only came out to check the doe and chase off other bucks. Mostly under the full moon.

This is a picture of the track the deer I was hunting was making. That is a 308 cartridge for scale. Moster Buck.jpg

Back