Sheep hunting.

leadchucker

Beginner
Sep 19, 2012
Just up here hanging with weatherby haha.[emoji38] thought I would throw up a couple pics. No sheep yet.[emoji107]
f1b36821fd82435a7c545868a4d9bd8e.jpg
22925266afe3688ed34ebdeb12e5d9b0.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Beautiful country. Where are you hunting and for which species of sheep? What Weatherby cartridge and load are you shooting?
Best of luck!

JD338

May not have any sheep yet, but you're in some seriously beautiful country. Success will come shortly.

Looks like great sheep country. Likely to be quite a pack-out...

Thanks for taking us along via the photos. Looking forward to your success afield!

Guy

Thank you for the post with the beautiful photos :wink:. Brings back some great memories of last August when I was blessed to be invited on a day hunt for Mountain goat with Gerry & a couple of his buddies :wink:.
I will always have that memory (y)

Blessings,
Dan

Alberta. 257wby. And I got this guy on my camera.[emoji38]
cf8eec098e1bd041c541113d72626d9b.jpg

Just leaving. Got on a ram this morning. Watched him for 2hrs at 40 yds...called him a half inch short on both sides. Oh well was a great trip, looking forward to the next one.[emoji106]

A great adventure, even when off by a half inch. Just to be in the mountains separates you from the mass of people. Great account.

Thanks Dr. Mike, I really do appreciate the time I get to spend in the hills. It's always a great trip. Been coming to the same place since every year since the first time my father took me 35 years ago.

When we lived in Jasper, I often drove to the area around Cadomin to look at the sheep. I fished the McLeod on numerous occasions, which gave me opportunity to drive through Cadomin and Luscar. Great area. Now, I drive down to Bull Moose to watch the goats as they come down to the treeline. Neat experiences.

Excellent! Yes I love the cadomin area as well. I need to visit there more. Need more time off hahaha! [emoji38]

I really like this one. Off of my camera as well. Father son training day haha.[emoji38]
b70cfe8da3d769ca6f33f7ee9918106d.jpg

sask boy":2v3hsglz said:
Thank you for the post with the beautiful photos :wink:. Brings back some great memories of last August when I was blessed to be invited on a day hunt for Mountain goat with Gerry & a couple of his buddies :wink:.
I will always have that memory (y)

Blessings,
Dan
Anytime, i hope my pics bring back memories for everyone who has experienced the thrills of hunting in the mountains. i look forward to the the trip as long as my knees will take me.
looking forward to heading out in a few weeks again. (y)

Thanks jd338. Hopefully it will be pics of ram or ewe down next trip as I have tags for both. If not...scenery is always good [emoji38]

Back