Kifaru gun bearer

c. schutte

Handloader
Jan 24, 2012
I've bought one to be used on an upcoming hunt. It's now on my pack and will carry hands free. However, now that it's there I've got two questions to you folks who use them.

1. It seems irritating to me to have the scope rubbing on the inside of my arm................. Is this the case for you as well?
2. How does one aim a bolt action rifle effectively with the stock on the shoulder strap and not planted in the pocket of your shoulder?

I get the usefulness thing to have the rifle in your hands and up to your shoulder in a matter of two seconds. That might be a great thing for someone on patrol but, not for a hunter trying to make a good shot. It seems to me that the butt stock should fit against the shoulder or in the pocket. If not then my cheek weld is not correct and the distance from the scope to my eye is way off.

In other words the pack should be off for a proper shot. I guess I could then take the pack off with one hand while holding the rifle in the other???? What's the point then?

I just bought a pack from Tom that has a rifle pouch and it carries the rifle well. I can take the pack off in a few seconds, remove the rifle in another 3 or 4 seconds and be ready to shoot in under 10 seconds I suppose.

What am I missing?

Thanks............chs

I run mine a bit low on the shoulder strap so that the muzzle is pointing down about 30 degrees from vertical, which keeps the scope from rubbing the inside of my upper arm. Doesn't really seem to cause much discomfort. As for shooting, it is better with the pack off, but in a pinch, shooting off the shoulder strap isn't impossible.

Back