Red Stag/Mouflin

Europe

Handloader
Jun 18, 2014
while I am stuck in port for a day or two I will ask you fellows your opinion.

I was asked about hunting the Red Deer and Mouflon in Austria. We always used Jagd Stiedl and went in Oct, as the Red Deer will rut into the early weeks of Oct and the Mouflin start in the latter. We also preferred the mountain cabins to the hunting lodges in the villages.

However, it has been a few years and thought perhaps you fellows have some better and more current hunting recommendations as to what outfitter you prefer, time of year preference, lodging preferences, and since there are several other big game animals available to hunt in Austria, what ones do you choose to hunt ?

thank you

Europe":1dv52cgg said:
while I am stuck in port for a day or two I will ask you fellows your opinion.

I was asked about hunting the Red Deer and Mouflon in Austria. We always used Jagd Stiedl and went in Oct, as the Red Deer will rut into the early weeks of Oct and the Mouflin start in the latter. We also preferred the mountain cabins to the hunting lodges in the villages.

However, it has been a few years and thought perhaps you fellows have some better and more current hunting recommendations as to what outfitter you prefer, time of year preference, lodging preferences, and since there are several other big game animals available to hunt in Austria, what ones do you choose to hunt ?

thank you
Gee I need to get a divorce so we can get married so we can hunt Europe together April. :grin: But I don't think my wife would like it very much after 48yrs of putting up with me. :lol:

Now that response is very funny!

I can't say either since I've never hunted in Europe. Now if I could only find that special someone that would love to have me around, and enjoy all those fun, and exciting things to do in life I'd be in Heaven!

Sounds like a dream hunt April!

Red stag and mouflon; two of my bucket list animals!

Enjoy the adventure and post some pics!

Got to shoot with the Austrian National Barebow Champion at the World's in France; nice guy. Looking forward to shooting with him again at the World's here in Canada In 2019. Will have to work on a hunt with him in Austria in the future.

Roger, Cole, gil, thanks for responding

I will not be going Gil, this was an attempt to obtain current info for a friend, as my last hunting tip to Austria was a few years back.

I am so glad you and Susan was able to reach the Worlds in France, that alone is quite an accomplishment and one that everyone here on the forum should recognize as such. congratulations again to you and Susan for being good enough to reach the "Worlds". Best of luck in 2019, in Canada. where will you compete in 2018 ?

Europe":u21wzfez said:
Roger, Cole, gil, thanks for responding

I will not be going Gil, this was an attempt to obtain current info for a friend, as my last hunting tip to Austria was a few years back.

I am so glad you and Susan was able to reach the Worlds in France, that alone is quite an accomplishment and one that everyone here on the forum should recognize as such. congratulations again to you and Susan for being good enough to reach the "Worlds". Best of luck in 2019, in Canada. where will you compete in 2018 ?
I've been waiting to hear a report and see some pictures on the trip to the world Archery matches before I commented,
but it is a great accomplishment to be able to advance to the world tournament and commendations are in order for a job well done.
longrangehunter":u21wzfez said:
Now that response is very funny!

I can't say either since I've never hunted in Europe. Now if I could only find that special someone that would love to have me around, and enjoy all those fun, and exciting things to do in life I'd be in Heaven!
I guess she didn't think so or I'm having problems lighting a fire. :>)

Back