Love those pronghorns

elkeater2

Handloader
Jan 5, 2009
Raised in Wyo, the first big game animal I harvested long ago was a pronghorn antelope. My fascination and respect for them has never changed. As many know, antelope come with many different shapes to their horns, and also some significant facial features. Although I have taken many over the years, the one I got a few days ago seems somehow especially special. He is very handsome, shows a lot of color, large bases, nice cutters, and short horns!! I think he's great regardless. T/C Encore 25-06, 120 Hornady HP, 300 yards. While sitting in a camp chair eating lunch after hiking all over creation. Perfect! I can't get the pic to rotate, but you can see.
EE2

Attachments

• 2017_goat.JPG
    2017_goat.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 899
Beautiful antelope, congratulations.

JD338

Nice Lope. It seems I've killed more game at lunch time then any other time. People moving around stirs game out of hiding here on the east coast.

nice...Loper is right side up if you click on it

Indeed, 'tis a beautiful animal. Congratulations! Sounds as if it couldn't get much easier.

It is nice to know that a memorable hunt doesn't always have to be physically exhausting! Nice pronhorn!

Nice! Love looking at those antelope! They hold a fascination for me like no other, as well. CL

DrMike":2oiwzjnj said:
Indeed, 'tis a beautiful animal. Congratulations! Sounds as if it couldn't get much easier.
Yep, Doc, we'll take easy anytime these days. We did hike and hunt all morning which was very enjoyable. We were fortunate for sure. Washed it out thoroughly, hauled it home in 45 minutes, skinned, cooled, then cut up and ground burger late the next day. The spaghetti sauce was excellent!
EE2

elkeater2":2ly0ei9d said:
We'll take easy anytime these days.

The older I get, the more I appreciate "easy." If I could figure out a way to entice animals into the bed of the pickup before pulling the trigger, I would.

Great Antelope :wink: and yes easy is a very good :mrgreen:. My Son advised me that we walked over 8 miles yesterday while Pheasant hunting :shock: and I didn't even get a crack at a Rooster :shock:.
I can't image how my legs would feel if I didn't hit the gym 4 or 5 times per week :wink:. I just wish they would quit cramping :cry:
The Pheasant population has really taken a licken here in Saskatchewan :(.
But good to be out with my family (y).

Blessings,
Dan

He looks cool! The one I shot the other day had a tiny third horn in top of his snout. I've read about it before, some kind of genetic throw back from long, long ago...

Back