Memorial

joelkdouglas

Handloader
Jun 5, 2011
Today was a tough day, a young man that chose to serve his country passed away and we had his memorial service.

Tomorrow I’m taking my 10-year old out with me hunting for the first time, I have an antelope tag. I really don’t care if I kill something or not, it will be a good day just spent with him. Even if we are only out for a couple hours and then we have apple pies at McDonalds that’s okay with me.

If we do kill an antelope that will be icing on the cake. I’ll be carrying my grandfathers rifle, now a 25-06 loaded with 110 ABs and H4831. I hope for a doe, with tasty meat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for the tough day.

Seems like tomorrow holds great promise!

Enjoy.

Always tough to face the inevitable, especially when it involves someone we know and respect. I pray God's peace for you. I do hope you and your son have a great day tomorrow. A day in the field with your children is always one of the greatest investments you can make.

Sorry to hear of your tough day. Hoping that today brings many fond memories for the future.

Sorry to hear of your tough day. Hoping that today brings many fond memories for the future.

Wishing you and your 10 year old a memorable day!

Praying for comfort for those stinging from the loss of a young man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a good day,

Count your blessings and keep one foot in front of the other. Hope you and your son have a great one.

chs

Joel,

It's difficult to understand these things sometimes, that said life is rarely fair, and not alway just. We don't always know what our fate will bring, or come? We can only cherish our own happiness in what we find in and through life.

Peace be with you, and your son, for he is truly apart of you for the future ahead.

Sorry for the loss of your friend Joel, by remembering him he will live on in the hearts and minds of those he knew.

We actually die not once but twice. First when our soul leaves our body, and when know one else is left or around to remember us!

Happy Hunting, and enjoy what each sunrise brings to each, and every day.

Joel sorry for the hard time right now. I hope you and your son have a great day and find a nice fat doe to eat! I imagine your friend will be smiling alongside you guys and he would want you to enjoy yourselves!

Joe I'm a little lost for words, there has been so many friends and relatives that has passed lately and my feelings are high.
Enjoy the time spent with your family. The children grow up fast and are gone before you know it.

RIP to your fella that passed but he didn’t was serving the Lord and the country. Doesn’t get much better. I’m betting he’ll be remembered and carried for years. It’s a tough life but well worth doing.

Sorry to hear about the loss..Its always tough to loose someone, especially a young person...Enjoy your hunt with your son..Being out in the field is sometimes just about gaining some inner peace and time for reflection...The tranquility of nature has a way of bringing calm to a worried mind and a lightening a heavy heart.

My condolences on the loss of that young man. Taking 10 year old out for the day hunting is something very special :wink:.
Have fun, shoot straight & most of all be safe (y).
I look forward to another post :wink:.

Blessings,
Dan

So sorry for passing....the young especially. Some of the sweetest memories are made during the bitterest of times...praying for you and yours Pard. Jim

Back