Deer #2 Down

idahohunter8

Beginner
May 7, 2015
One last deer trip this year to fill my Idaho Non Resident tag. As a resident, I always buy one so I can harvest 2 deer in a season and use the second one as a "trophy tag"

Well I found "that" buck... Was bedded on a knife ridge 3 miles from the trailhead. He is right at 30" wide and grosses 181". This was all OTC, DIY, Public ground in the Salmon - Challis national forest. I may hunt 10-15 years without finding a bigger deer than this one. I am pretty stoked right now. 280 ackley 140 nosler factory ammo AccuBond did the trick again.

Attachments

• 2017 buck 2.jpg
    2017 buck 2.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 915
Beautiful buck, congratulations! Now that is a trophy and on public land no less, well done.

That is a buck of a life time, congratulations on such an awesome buck.

You are a doggone low down, no good, son of a gun! :mrgreen:

What a GREAT buck! Congratulations from one very envious mule deer hunter. Honestly, that's one heck of a buck... But, you knew that. With the looks of that slope, you worked for him too.

Awesome. Very nicely done.

Guy

Look at the muscle in that buck's left front leg... Dang. That's a big, strong, mountain mulie.

Nice!

I think Guy is Jealous...rightly so. That is one heck of a nice buck, and taken on public land etc. Aint we lucky to live where we do....?!?!?!!!! CL

Definitely a muscular dude. He had to have been the "cock 'o the walk" in that area. He has passed on his genes, so there should be good stock in the coming years.

Super nice trophy. I love getting off the beaten path and finding big deer. Man...what a monster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back