Hunting Pictures from My Montana Hunt

truck driver

Ammo Smith
Mar 11, 2013
Just a Few landscape pictures from my hunt.
I hunted the areas in most of these pictures and covered a lot of ground looking for the great Wapiti.

Attachments

• KIMG0449.jpg
    KIMG0449.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 934
  • KIMG0464.jpg
    KIMG0464.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 934
  • KIMG0466.jpg
    KIMG0466.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 934
  • KIMG0438.jpg
    KIMG0438.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 934
  • KIMG0458.jpg
    KIMG0458.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 934
I was just noting all the wapiti in the pictures, Rodger. :? Great shots of Montana. Love the state. (y)

It looks lovely there. I am glad you had a chance to enjoy the beauty of the area even if you didn't fill your tag.

Love that first shot Roger. Just took in a deep breath and was disappointed that I couldn't smell the Sage. Hope you had a great time. CL

Thanks for the responses everyone. The grandeur of the area is unbelievable and my pictures doesn't do it justice.
DrMike I wish the pictures were full of Wapiti when I took them. I did see them along with whitetail deer and mule deer on the Turner ranch but didn't take pictures of them since it was like viewing them in a Zoo.
Here is a picture Roland took of a herd of Elk he sent me the day after I left to come home. From the looks of the landscape it could have been taken on Turner.

Attachments

• IMG_3306.JPG
    IMG_3306.JPG
    775.8 KB · Views: 877
Rodger it looks like it would be a great place to visit.
Thank you for the photos (y)

Blessings,
Dan

My Favorite place to hunt is in Montana, and Wyoming! Lots of game, and not many hunters...... to bad the F&G lost the vision of TR and ruined what once had more Elk then people! The White Tail Deer though have seemed to manage a bit better, but I can't say for sure since I haven't hunted there in the last few years.

Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures Rodger.

Thanks for the kind comments everyone, my pictures really don't do justice to the beautiful landscape I saw.

I am so glad that you came out west, hunted, saw the area. Took time to enjoy it. Took some photos...

I hope there will be a return trip "out west" for you! Nice photos by the way, truly.

Guy

Guy,Gerry and NYDAN thanks for the compliments on the pictures. It is beautiful country and everywhere you looked it was a Kodak moment.

Rodger thanks for sharing your photo's. I sure love living and hunting here in this great state. The terrain is so varied that you can go 100 miles and see something completely different.

Back