Wisconsin 2017

wisconsinteacher

Handloader
Dec 2, 2010
I hope everyone is doing well. I have not been on the site much due to hunting and trapping but that is a good excuse!!

The goal was for my wife and I to put 3 deer in the freezer with her shooting at least one of them and to catch a fisher and an otter. We did that plus.

I shot the first deer of the year as it passed between my stand and my wife's.

The following weekend, I went out before a thunderstorm and was able to grunt this guy in. He gave me a 17 yard shot and I was able to make a good hit on him.

My wife was up next. We sat together one evening and had a really nice 8 point chase a doe at 50 yards so no shot with her bow. About 40 minutes later this buck came by and few grunts brought him into 17 yards. She hit him high but he didn't go far.

With 3 deer in the freezer, I started to set traps to catch a fisher. I have waited 5 years for the tag and wanted to connect. After 2.5 weeks and nothing, I set some new locations and on opening day of the WI rifle season I got this nice female.

The cool thing about the fisher is that it was on my trail to my deer stand. As I sat in the stand and enjoyed the fact I got my fisher, I thought wouldn't it be cool to shoot a buck today??? Well at 1:00 a hot doe ran under me and had a nice buck with her. I made the 12 yard shot and he took off. He went 65 yards and tipped over. After that, 2 smaller bucks ran past but they got the free pass. After pictures and getting him to the truck, I still needed to check my otter traps in the creek near by. Well, it was my day, I had a nice otter too. So a fisher, 9 pt and an otter all in one day!!

It has been a great year. I still have a bobcat tag after a 9 year wait that starts on December 26th and I plan on going after some coyotes and of course, I will be ice fishing this winter. We have been blessed with great times, amazing deer and good shots. I hope you all are having a great fall!!

Congratulations! You and your lady have had a great year. You could make a lot of people envious! Some excellent animals.

Man! That’s Great!
Wisconsin is a great sportsman’s State.
Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations on a very productive season.

JD338

Congratulations on a great season for you and your wife. I bet there haven't been too many, if any others at all, that have taken a deer, fisher and otter in the same day. Way too cool............

OUTSTANDING!

Congrats to you and your family. What a great take. :)

Enjoy your Thanksgiving.

Guy

Congratulations a some fine hunting and trapping. How awesome is it to catch a fisher? It took me a year or two just to get a photo of one.

Dan

I don't know how many others have caught a fisher and otter and also shot a buck the same day. It was an awesome day. I have had 3 fisher tags and my 3rd female fisher. Someday, I will catch a big male!!!

Back