OK Deer Hunt 18-21 Nov 2017

taylorce1

Handloader
Jun 3, 2007
Spent four days in Oklahoma with my buddies, wives, and our children. I didn't hunt I just spent time sitting in the blind with my daughter, which is what I love to do. I had planned on getting a tag if my daughter tagged out early, but it took her all four days to fill her tag so I decided to not to hunt. We had six hunters total and managed to take 17 deer and two coyotes in a four day hunt.

Youngest hunter was nine years old, he tagged a doe and his first buck on this trip. Also had another 15 year old hunter take his first buck as well on the last night he had to hunt. The remaining five hunters all took an antlered deer and two antlerless deer.

Best picture I have of my daughter with one of her deer, last tag punched and finally a daylight picture.
jw3WHT7.jpg

Target of opportunity while checking game cameras, "Go Pokes!"
mAAdjDC.jpg

Some of the success.
piGm3s0.jpg

oaSsunM.jpg

Special thanks to Cody and his dad Bobby for inviting us down for the last six years to hunt their property in Oklahoma. This has became my daughter's favorite hunt, and like she said it feels like coming home after several years of taking game in Oklahoma. She took her first deer at nine at nine, and now has a total of 12 Oklahoma deer taken in the last six years.

OK can be a sleeper for deer. Your party did very well. Congratulations all the way around. That is a great picture of your daughter. She is becoming quite the huntress. Careful, Dad, she may become the primary hunter for your family at this rate. (y)

Nice job, what a way to spend some time in November! Are you guys doing all the butchering yourself or did Christmas come early for the local meat cutter:)

Your daughter has got it going on.
She's quite the hunter. Congratulations to her and the others on their success.

Vince

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations to all involved and especially your daughter. That is quite a haul. Someone has some butchering work ahead of them.

Dan

lefty315":3af8j114 said:
Nice job, what a way to spend some time in November! Are you guys doing all the butchering yourself or did Christmas come early for the local meat cutter:)

11 got hauled to a processor in Colorado, three were taken to SE Missouri, the rest were given away in Oklahoma.

Dr. Mike, she already is the primary Hunter in the family. I don't kill anything until she punches her tags first. I've been successful and I just need to make sure she is now, that way it keeps the fire burning inside her.

Congrats to your daughter! Well done Dad....Sounds like a wonderful opportunity for all. CL

There's a fine looking young hunter you have that will cherish the memories all her life and you will also.
I found that getting them involved in scouting and looking for signs gets their blood boiling quickly.
I had my wife out scouting last week and though she doesn't hunt she knows how to read sign and can almost walk as quiet as I can in the leaves.

Great way to fill the freezer. Congrats to all involved in the hunt.

Congratulations to your daughter. She has an impressive track record going. Like you, I look forward to spending time in the deer blind with her every year. It is absolutely the best part of my season and we make memories every season just like you are with your daughter.
Good stuff man.

JD338

Sounds like a great family event. Congratulations to your daughter and everyone involved.

Back