Daughter had a short season

tddeangelo

Handloader
May 18, 2011
Shooting time officially began at 6:35AM today on the 2017 Pennsylvania rifle deer season.

At 6:40AM, this happened...

3_E3_EA734-_B0_D9-4_A44-9_F3_B-25_D73_A3_EACAF.jpg

One shot at 125 yards with her 7mmWSM and a 140PT and that buck hit the dirt.

No deer I've ever shot has compared to how it felt to hear her rifle bark and watch that deer crumple.

About the only thing that compares to how that felt was watching her put her hands on his antlers.

I'm beat....but it's a pretty good kinda tired.

That is an exciting post, Tom. I'll bet it is not nearly as exciting as it was for you to be with her and witness her first big game. Congratulations to the young lady. Man, I love the 7mm WSM. It just works. Great deer, by the way. You dear took her first deer! Can't get much better. (y)

Wow! What a way to end the season early for her and you!
Outstanding job to you both!

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

Thanks, all.

DrMike, this is her second buck with that 7-wizzum and her third deer (she got a doe with her late great-grandfathers featherweight 257 bob for her first deer).

I was by her side for all three.

Soon she'll be hunting solo. While I'm excited to watch her develop as a hunter, it'll be a little sad to not be next to her when I hear that 7mm's report.

Your spoiling her. That's a great looking Buck. Congrats to her and you for teaching her to hunt and shoot. I don't think she will be satisfied with anything smaller after getting that big boy. :>)

Tom,

Congratulations to you and your daughter on a fantastic buck! She did a great job and made her daddy proud.
Well done!

JD338

Wonderful- congrats to your daughter! Just a beautiful picture! What a brute of a buck.... :) CL

Very well done, congratulations to you both. Again I will note, a rifle with the bolt on the proper side (y)

Congratulations to your daughter and to you. That is the way to do it, excellent!

She did an excellent job, congratulations.

Tom, have your other daughters shown an interest in hunting also ?

Back