6.5 130 Accubond vs. antelope....

Songdog

Handloader
Apr 6, 2009
Both of our teenagers have doe antelope tags here in Northern CO that are good on private land through the end of the year. My daughter didn’t have school on Friday, so we ran out to check on an old beef-rancher friend of mine, and see if there were any antelope on his 3500+ Acres.

She shot this HUGE doe at about 275 yards wife Momma’s 20” barreled Tikka CTR chambered in .260 Rem. Load was 130 Accubonds over 44 grains IMR4350 for about 2800 fps. First bullet hit just a touch low.... we caught up to her, and the second round ended the Game poste haste.

This is her first antelope.... and she was overjoyed at the 4” ivory tipped horns. I’ve already got the skull stripped, and it’s whitening now.

To me.... there is no greater joy than sharing time outdoors with my kids. We each only get to shoot one first deer, or elk, or whatever..... but we can share in the joy of many firsts. Pass it on fellas.

tEKDxfN.jpg

That is great. Congratulations to your girl. You are correct in noting that there will be only one "first" for our children. To be with them on that first, to have mentored them and encouraged them, is a priceless gift. You, sir, are to be congratulated for seizing this great advantage.

Congratulations to your daughter. She did a great job.

JD338

Congratulations! Very nice big doe! Hope your daughter continues! Glad her momma has a nice Tikka well suit for local game!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IMHO it is outstanding how many members here take their kids hunting and fishing. What is remarkable is how many young women we see featured. I truly believe these young women are going to change, for the better, the hunting world as we know it.
We have seen a dramatic change in sport fishing, hunting camps are next.
Well done Dads and their Princesses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done SD! Great animal and way to go getting the daughter out there!

Nicely done.
You only get so many days with the kids before they have their own lives to lead. Enjoy them!

Congratulations to both Dad and Daughter. That was a great shot at 275 yards. I am sure it will well remembered by the both you. I love to read these stories of parents getting their kids out and teaching them about shooting and hunting.

Dan

As my girls are getting older, college and jobs get in the way of hunting with Dad. Enjoy these times!!!

Back