Sometimes the Deer wins......

35 Whelen

Handloader
Dec 22, 2011
After trying for him all thru the regular season and last weeks black Powder. He still walks ......
We have lots of photos of him, he remains a ghost that only comes out after its pitch dark. All of his movements take place from 11 pm/3 Am. Guess he is one of those bucks that just doesn't make mistakes........... :?

Attachments

• IMG_1598.JPG
    IMG_1598.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 702
Nice buck Earle.
Maybe he will make a mistake next year.

JD338

They don't grow a rack like that by being stupid, Earle. Beautiful buck. Quite the pose, also.

Wow, that is a beauty. Big deer are smart and its why they grow big racks, maybe you will next season.

What a beast! Sorry you didn't get a crack at him this year. I can see why you tried all season to get him. There is always next year. Even smart bucks make mistakes during the rut.

Dan

Earle that is a dandy buck and as DrMike stated they do not support head gear like that by being dumb :wink:.
We have a big guy like that in what we call the Honey hole, I believe he can read as we saw him the evening before the season started & then not a sighting in almost 14 days :shock:.
Thank you for the post & photo (y).

Blessings,
Dan

Thanks Dan
He is certainly has about everything! Still one browtine is little short, but I think I could learn to have lived with it, if we could have landed him :lol: He is what we call around here; "A Tailgater"
Yep, it's pretty amazing how smart they are. Now here is a "Narrower"one, (20") I did get a glimpse of a couple of times In daylight, with a doe; But he was running hard both times, with lots of stuff between us, not a hoss, but not bad?IMG_1603.JPG probably about a 225lber / High 150/ low 160's B&C ???(that's NOT Betty Crocker either!) :wink:

Earle we got one not bad buck but we knew he was on the decline from last year :( . My Son missed him at about 300 yards :lol:.
He had a 22” inside spread but his G2s really lacked length so we thinned him out :wink:. We hope that his genetics will be better in a Son or grandson that surely roams his territory.
Here is a photo of him.

Blessings,
Dan

Attachments

• 71327D2A-0223-4D13-BC25-AB8ADDD3292A.jpeg
    71327D2A-0223-4D13-BC25-AB8ADDD3292A.jpeg
    221.6 KB · Views: 591
After 3 hunting seasons a deer gets educated and gets that big! White Tail Deer are not stupid, and more then a few die of old age.

Nice pictures though!

Well that's a good Buck for sure Dan, very similar to one that was shot here in town, with Black Powder last Saturday afternoon, Which was the last day of season!( Yours is still bigger) But Here he is.IMG_1611.JPG
Cole you got that exactly right!

Earle that guy you harvested has way more mass than the one we took :wink:. We chased one 5X5 back into the bush on 2 occasions as he was wondering around Love sick :shock:!
If he made it he should be at least 200" next year you could tell he was young by his body so we are hoping he made it (y).
I know a lot of people don't like trophy hunters but our group harvests 3 or 4 bucks every year that just don't have the genes to produce Monster Saskatchewan Whitetails. I have not personally shot a doe in 15 or 20 years on a either sex tag but have harvested some with special season tags when the biologists state we need to.

Blessings,
Dan

Oh stop it Scotty, these deer are just toddlers! Now HERE
Is a truely serious Buck!!

Attachments

• f8e20c5f-7d57-4afa-a999-1af8b84eac8f_1.9344445b58f22ec9258609e5d43ca7a6.jpeg
    f8e20c5f-7d57-4afa-a999-1af8b84eac8f_1.9344445b58f22ec9258609e5d43ca7a6.jpeg
    38.4 KB · Views: 533
Roger,
Would have to get him,with this new Model 70
!WRF16_535221226_D2.jpg
Of course sometimes we win! Here are 3 mulies from 3 different states that all wished they had never heard of a .270 Winchester!IMG_0366_zps1479ab8d.jpg
From left to right Utah Wyoming Colorado all shot within a month .......

Back