160 Accubond strikes again

TackDriver284

Handloader
Feb 13, 2016
Took the 7 Mag hunting this week, passed up on several bucks, they were not the big deer I was looking for. A neighbor shot a nice buck and deer was moving the last two days. This evening I planned to head home after the two day hunt, I spotted a bigger than average hog nibbling corn at 60 yards, and he was spooked, hurried back in the brush, and he popped out close to 200 yards and started running away from me. I gave it a loud grunt and he stopped and turned to listen, and I ranged him at 240 yards and made a quick calibration but it was moving around quite a bit and started to nibble again, waited for it to turn a little, and when he turned at about 70 degrees, I settled the crosshairs behind its right ear and let her fly. That hog dropped where he stood. Perfect shot. The entry was where I aimed and exit was out of the left ear, you can see a bullet hole in the big ear on the exit and he was a bleeder. Sending him to the slaughterhouse in the morning for some pan and grilling sausage and some chorizo plus some ribs. He is as long as my tailgate.
Saw a bobcat chilling next to my deer blind, such a beautiful animal.
f3UpJcQl.jpg

0urPJ4gl.jpg

xrWPCwol.jpg

I like a buck with split brow tines, what a beauty. You had a great day, just wondering what State your in ?

South Texas, thanks all for the nice compliments. Going to be a blistering 29-32 degrees here next week after New Years for a few days, the cold should get the deer moving. Hopefully find something nice.

Hard to take that sort of heat. :roll: You are right that it should get the deer moving. Here's pulling for you! (y)

Very nice Buck and then to take a hog man you have the ingredients for some fine sausage (y). I too have to congratulate you on 2 fine trophies.

Blessings,
Dan

Back