2018 Hunting Pictures

JD338

Range Officer
Staff member
Nov 4, 2004
Post your 2018 Hunting Pictures here.
Good Luck to all this season!

JD338

Not exactly big game,but a start to the new year and a new rifle.
e9xfJTp.jpg

Fog rolling in as I left the area.
tZly6AZ.jpg

I wondered who was going to post the first 2018 hunting photos. :) I was thinking it might be a coyote hunter, not a big-bore bunny hunter. :grin: And pretty soon we've got turkey season opening... Then the spring bear hunters...

Kinda quiet for most of us, for hunting anyway, this time of year.

Thanks for posting the first hunting photos of the year, I hope everyone has a pleasant and successful season. Looking forward to seeing many more hunting photos!

Regards, Guy

How do you prepare the peccary? I never hunted them, but I'm told they can be rather strong. I've always suspected that any issue in that area would be resolved by careful handling and proper cooking.

That's a neat picture with the cartridge shown. Man that 7x57 sure is one sweet round! The teeth on those buggers are pretty impressive too!

Never ate javelina and most likely never will. New Mexico does not require us to bring javelina meat home.

The skull is at the taxidermist,the only part I want.

Congratulations on the javelina.
Beautiful rifle. Are you shooting a 140 gr PT?

JD338

elkhunternm":1djknf29 said:
Never ate javelina and most likely never will. New Mexico does not require us to bring javelina meat home.

The skull is at the taxidermist,the only part I want.

That answers my question, if only by default. (y)

Dr Mike, I've heard them called "skunk pigs" by some folks from Arizona... They don't eat 'em either.

Guy

elkhunternm":2b392u6x said:
JD338,yes,I used the 140 grain NP.

One bullet, one cartridge, very capable from javelin to elk... Simplicity! (y)

Sometimes we overthink this.

Guy

Guy Miner":z4ueren4 said:
Dr Mike, I've heard them called "skunk pigs" by some folks from Arizona... They don't eat 'em either.

Guy

I seem to recall a few people that claimed to have eaten them. :? I've never smelled them, but I've never heard anyone say they didn't smell bad, either. :mrgreen:

Guy Miner":1wskq5fx said:
elkhunternm":1wskq5fx said:
JD338,yes,I used the 140 grain NP.

One bullet, one cartridge, very capable from javelin to elk... Simplicity! (y)

Sometimes we overthink this.

Guy
Yup. Funny part is,that load is only going along at 2700 fps,not exactly a barn burning velocity,but it worked!

I wonder if a 150 grain NP would be better?

:lol:

DrMike":8raaizg9 said:
Guy Miner":8raaizg9 said:

Guy

I seem to recall a few people that claimed to have eaten them. :? I've never smelled them, but I've never heard anyone say they didn't smell bad, either. :mrgreen:
I call them "stink pigs."

Would not say the one I killed smelled bad,but it had an odor,just not a "stinky" odor. If that makes sense.

Back