No birds, but what a great afternoon!

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Clark (the dog) and I enjoyed a wonderful hunt just a few miles from town. We were unable to get a shot at either quail or chukar, but had a mighty fine time trying. We got some unexpected help at one point. A covey of chukar had spotted us 100 - 150 yards away and started fleeing uphill towards the cliffs. They like cliffs. About that time a golden eagle appeared and started dive-bombing them. They scattered and a few headed our way in panic, but... We still weren't quite able to seal the deal. I didn't fire a shot all day. Still, it was a great walk in the canyon with my dog.

Hello birdie - are you still home?
sCn7Fmvl.jpg

Time for a break. This dog loves the snow!
fAIVOzil.jpg

Did somebody say "scoobie snack" ?
zvE24sBl.jpg

The purty Browning. Still hasn't missed. Come to think of it, hasn't hit yet either. Not for me anyway:
4AfFTibl.jpg

Some ol' hunter, to silly to know it's too cold to hunt. Only fell twice today on the ice.
AGFffBpl.jpg

What a great afternoon!

Guy,

I must say that you certainly have that distinguished bird Hunter look with that beautiful Citori! Ol' Clark looks like he is having the time of his life too.
A great day indeed.
JD338

Clark does look as if he recognises birdy country. Love to watch a dog playing in the snow.

Nice name for a dog Guy! Actually my sons name is Clark ! We are direct decentest, of William Clark from ,Missouri Territory. My Great Grandmother, was his grand daughter! I think he went out West for Thomas Jefferson with some fella named Lewis............ :wink:

Back