More Elk

salmonchaser

Handloader
Dec 13, 2013
Still a little early to be finding sheds but went up to keep an eye on the herd I've been watching. Still hearing about a monster, haven't found him yet. IMG_1991.JPG[attachment=0]IMG_1991.JPG[/attachment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your local elk heard is looking pretty healthy.
Good luck with the sheds. Hope you find the big one.

JD338

It is always fun to see the elk herding up. The ones pictured there look to be in good shape.

Unfortunately I couldn't get the video to load, I counted over a hundred as I panned the ridge.
Scotty, this herd is in the Walla Walla unit, according to my GPS about 9 miles from the house.
They do seem to be wintering well. We did have quite a bit of snow above 3000 feet by Christmas, but it's warmed up, snow line has moved up and freed up the winter range.
Wolves seem to be staying up country at this point.

That is a good looking herd and they seem to be lounging comfortably on the hill side.
Thank you Don for the photos.

Blessings,
Dan

No snow?

My front yard has snow! At about 800' above sea level. Dang...

Nice photos!

Guy

I'm surprised too at the lack of snow the last couple of weeks. We've had an inversion layer that has trapped warm air between 2 and 4000 feet. I had two feet of snow two weeks ago, it's gone now. Windy tonight and I'm guessing early spring will be gone by morning.

Very little moisture here in Paradise.
Had snow this past weekend and it’s already melted off and seeing it melting on the peaks. Can usually see snow on the peaks until some time in May or June.
Got down to 10F last night but no snow on the ground. Grass is all dead and dry. Might have to put feed out in the Spring for my calves.

Vince

Back