Pheasant

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Clark and I took the Browning to the pheasant club, and had a nice afternoon. An easy hunt, the dog worked well. The shotgun worked well. Even I shot pretty well.

QejbKmml.jpg

Bia8lGFl.jpg

JRx6xTZl.jpg

7cCGAiQl.jpg

After all the tough hunts for wild chukar, the relaxed hunt at the pheasant club was quite nice.

Guy

As usual for you, nice photos. Beautiful country in background of the second photo and subject matter in all of them positioned for best visual effect. Good hunt and good photo job. What are Browning shotgun specs? Pheasants are one of the countrys most beautiful birds. Turkey are as close second.

Al in SC":3jnv08se said:
What are Browning shotgun specs? Pheasants are one of the countrys most beautiful birds. Turkey are as close second.

Thanks Al.

Shotgun is new to me, a 1980's 12 gauge Browning Citori. The model is "Golden Clays" and it was really intended for use as a Sporting Clays gun, but it sure works well as a pheasant gun. (y)

I tried on wild chukar a few weeks ago, but they didn't cooperate. :grin:

Will try to get in one more pheasant hunt at the club, sometime in February. I'd like to get my son back out there with me. He couldn't make it today.

Guy

Guy and SC- great photos as always. An afternoon after pheasant sounds therapeutic. Guy- how do you like to fix those? CL

Guy it looks like the bird under the pistol grip is getting ready to run off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guy

I HATE you, or perhaps it is ENVY I am feeling.

Will one of the birds shown soon be "under glass" ?

CL - although time to time I'll cook them whole, on the Weber Kettle, normally I just cut up a bunch of small pheasant "chunks." Then marinate those a bit, and saute them in the skillet with veggies. Add a side of rice, and it's a pretty good meal.

SC - ya, that was the first one we found, pretty close to the Jeep. So once Clark retrieved him, I carried him back to the Jeep and put him in the cooler. He stiffened up with his neck in that position.

Europe - I just might cook some birds soon. Hard to say.

Thanks all - I dearly love hunting wild birds, as well as these "less than wild" pheasants from the pheasant club. This relaxed hunt is so very unlike the chukar hunts which find me exhausted after climbing steep hillsides after small birds.

The "new" shotgun isn't just a looker, it's very easy to shoot. I was shooting 2 3/4" Federal Faststeel #4's. Pretty stout load. Recoil was minimal. I missed the first shot on two of the birds, and easily got back on the bird for the second shot. Another bird shed feathers, but didn't fall instantly, so he got the top barrel as well. And I was pleased that two of the birds, required but a single shot each.

First time taking game with the "new" 30 year old shotgun, and I think we're getting along just fine.

Guy

Back