90 grain Accubond

erikc838

Beginner
Oct 8, 2017
Took a pronghorn antelope at 323 yards back in October with this bullet fired out of a 240 Weatherby. The bullet went through the front left shoulder and lodged in the front right (breaking it). It retained almost 80% of its original weight.

Then I really asked a lot from this bullet when I took it (same cartridge) deer hunting. About an hour in, it turned in to an aoudad hunt. I took a nice 27.25" ram (over the counter, free range) at 456 yards. The bullet went through the front right shoulder, breaking it, and broke the front left shoulder as well. I was unable to locate the bullet but the meat processor said there were pieces everywhere. It didn't stay together but it definitely did its job.

Impressive indeed. What powder are you using in the 240? I’m assuming it is a Mk V?

I believe that there is little doubt that the AccuBond bullet does a great job in most calibres as I am using them from 243win up to my 35 Whelen. They just give you excellent accuracy and terminal performance :wink:!

Blessings,
Dan

Love a 240W, but going back tot he .243 and I am going to try both the 90 NBT and the 90 AccuBond. It should do at 250 from a .243 what it did in your 240 at 450, I would think. I killed ( not to try and "out-do anyone) a 32" aoudad on a ranch in Sanderson at 250yds with the 180 AccuBond from a 338 RUM right at 250yds, it acted like a Partition. Thanks for the report on it in 6mm.

boomer68":2jnfu81t said:
Impressive indeed. What powder are you using in the 240? I’m assuming it is a Mk V?

H4831, and it was out of a Vanguard Backcountry

preacher":29tli0s4 said:
Love a 240W, but going back tot he .243 and I am going to try both the 90 NBT and the 90 AccuBond. It should do at 250 from a .243 what it did in your 240 at 450, I would think. I killed ( not to try and "out-do anyone) a 32" aoudad on a ranch in Sanderson at 250yds with the 180 AccuBond from a 338 RUM right at 250yds, it acted like a Partition. Thanks for the report on it in 6mm.
And we all know acting like a Partition is a GOOD THING!! Those Accubonds are pretty impressive.

Back