He Shoulda' Worn a Hardhat

I was duck and goose hunting with a buddy one winter when we tagged up on a goose flying overhead and going to pass directly over the top of us. The goose folded and came down and dropped about 10' from us and only about 4' from where he black lab was sitting. If he would have hit that poor dog, it might have been a while before he might want to go retrieve one of those suckers. It was a near miss. I could see this happening.

When I was a young man, I carried a Winchester, every where I went. My Father and I was walking back to the house, from the barn, when these geese were flying over. My Dad said shoot one for Sunday. So I pulls up and let one have it. He folded up and went straight through the glass top of the green house, of my Mother’s. My Father said now you done it, ‘Mom’s going to be mad at you’. Last goose I shot around the Home place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Many years ago My buddy and I were spending another cold December morning sitting in the rocks, watching our Decoy spread, and waiting for one of the good number of Canadian geese to fly by. Well, here they come and flying directly over our heads. I touched a three inch mag off and the goose folded very nicely and unfortunately coming right at us. We had no time other than to lean out of the way. The goose hit the water probably three feet in front of us and succeeded in soaking both of us with Salt water. I guess he got the last laugh.

Dern geese! First smacking into Fabio's face on a roller coaster, and now this!

:lol: :lol:

Back