Clolrado whiteriver elk herd.

lhsako

Handloader
Jan 12, 2012
Haven,t hunted it in awhile .GMU 12 in the past. Will be taking an elderly hunter. Any good units nearby are of interest as well. Would like some USFS road access for the Polaris. Want to be able to get into an area w/ it then hunt on foot. any suggestions would be appreciated....thanks

If I were planning on hunting that area I would call fish and game and ask to speak with one of the area conservation officers. I did that on a couple of occasions while hunting NW Colorado and it paid off. The wardens are in the field constantly and have a good handle on what is going on.

diverdown":2gyuat6r said:
If I were planning on hunting that area I would call fish and game and ask to speak with one of the area conservation officers. I did that on a couple of occasions while hunting NW Colorado and it paid off. The wardens are in the field constantly and have a good handle on what is going on.
so true. planning on doing that. just looking for any additional intel. what unit(s) did u hunt?

I hunted unit 210. The area around Yampa, Oak Creek and Hayden. There were two other units in that same area that we hunted frequently. (Flat tops area). Can't remember the particular number. We were very successful.

Back