nilgai hunt

TackDriver284

Handloader
Feb 13, 2016
It's been 5 years since I hunted nilgai in South Texas brush. I used to have a deer lease where nilgai congregates but unfortunately the owner passed and our group had to move further north where nilgai does not roam. I just talked to a hunting guide and he will put me on a nilgai bull early tomorrow morning. Oh gosh, I can't wait. I am going to bring along my .300 Win. Mag loaded with 180 Accubonds. There will be different variables on methods of hunting tomorrow, its either off the truck, stalking, scouting until we find the bulls. Time for me to start getting my knives sharpened, ice chests washed and load the truck of necessities for the hunt. Wish me luck, I'll be back soon.

That sounds as if it will be a marvellous opportunity. We're pulling for you.

It sure sound like a great hunt I believe we are all looking forward to a great story with lots of photos.
Remember have Fun, Shoot straight and most of all be Safe (y).

Blessings,
Dan

Well guys, to be honest, I have have accepted the deal with the guide the night before the hunt. We made arrangements to hunt after we agreed on a deal which he said half down on arrival which is $1,000 and remaining $1,000 on kill or draw blood / cannot find. I agreed and after a few hours one thing popped up in my head,,,,"What was the no kill fee?" in which the guide never mentioned about, so I called him back and I was taken aback when he said if we don't see anything, then he keeps my $1,000 and I lose my half. Wow, so I did not take the offer. I won't mind paying a reasonable kill fee for the time he spends guiding me, but paying $1000 for a morning /afternoon hunt is ridiculous IMO. Hopefully soon I'll find a deal with someone more reasonable one day. :roll:

:oops: that is really to bad, I was really hyped up to see those pictures, they are a very neat animal.

That's a bummer Mark. Hoping you can find a decent deal.

JD338

Back