"Multi-Season" tag, Washington

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Well, just learned that I was drawn, and can now purchase for $140, a "multi-season" mule deer tag in Washington. Cool.

Interesting program, mostly a fund-raiser for WDFW in my opinion, but... It allows me to hunt the archery, muzzle loader and modern rifle mule deer seasons here in Washington. That's cool, 'cause normally we have to choose one of those three. It gives me some real flexibility, and is a pretty painless way of continuing to get back into bow hunting. I don't have to give up my rifle hunt, to try the bow. Cool. I like that.

Tried for the same sort of multi-season tag for elk, but wasn't drawn for that. Ah well, that's fine.

Pretty excited, I've been wanting to get back into archery, and making little dabs of progress in that area. Now I've got a great incentive to get a lot of practice with the bow!

Guy

Sounds like a great way to spend September, October and November. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muzzleloader hunting is fun too Guy. I've probably killed a dozen elk with mine out to 186yds with open sites. Plus it an excuse to buy another gun. :mrgreen:

Sounds great Guy. That's one thing I really like about Montana is that you don't have to choose archery, rifle, pistol, or muzzle loader. You can hunt any of the seasons if you still have an unused tag.

IdahoCTD":od4h7hws said:
Muzzleloader hunting is fun too Guy. I've probably killed a dozen elk with mine out to 186yds with open sites. Plus it an excuse to buy another gun. :mrgreen:

I used to hunt mule deer with a traditional .50 cal percussion rifle, a Thompson Center. It's still in the safe though it's probably been 15 years since I've fired it. Good rifle. I'm not ready for a 180 yard shot though!

I'd usually end up taking a mule deer at 30 - 40 yards with it. Used the 385 gr soft lead hollow point "Great Plains" bullets. Sometimes over blackpowder, sometimes with Pyrodex.

Still have all that stuff... It made for a fun hunt.

Regards, Guy

Back