Growing Antlers

salmonchaser

Handloader
Dec 13, 2013
This guy might turn out ok. He's not going to make it passed bow season if he keeps hanging out at my neighbors feeder.IMG_2192.JPGIMG_2193.JPGIMG_2195.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too; haven't been able to get up very high yet, but the roads are pretty well clear of snow now. I've cut six cords of firewood since we met for lunch. Been seeing elk, they wintered well.
I know a number of people who have been mushroom hunting and or bear hunting in your A/O, lots of elk.
I'm busy getting the house/yard/pasture ready to be neglected, I don't think I'll be getting up to scout before I head north.

Handsome fellow. Good to see that he is being cared for. Looks as if your neighbour is getting himself prepped for the season.

DrMike":43i2obqg said:
Handsome fellow. Good to see that he is being cared for. Looks as if your neighbour is getting himself prepped for the season.
My neighbor to the west is in his eighties. Lived up here on the mountain all his life, loves to hunt but doesn't get around like he used to.
One of the first questions he asked was if he shot a buck and it crossed the fence, was I going to have a problem with that. I told him if it crossed the fence and then he shot it, that would be fine too.

Al in SC":395e9rxn said:
Salmonchaser, You are a good neighbor and guy.
When you're kinda remote good neighbors are good to have. Besides this is a draw unit for both whitetail and mule deer. I applied for a different unit.

salmonchaser":13xz67jk said:
DrMike":13xz67jk said:
My neighbor to the west is in his eighties. Lived up here on the mountain all his life, loves to hunt but doesn't get around like he used to.
One of the first questions he asked was if he shot a buck and it crossed the fence, was I going to have a problem with that. I told him if it crossed the fence and then he shot it, that would be fine too.

I'm sure he appreciates your generosity. Good neighbours are worth more than money can buy.

I think I've commented how lucky I am several times. To the east and north are two more great families.

Back