Successful Hunter magazine - Guy's grizzly story

6mm Remington

Ammo Smith
Feb 27, 2006
So I'll blow his horn for him. I frequently purchase the hunting magazine called Successful Hunter that features mostly articles written by your average Guy. Yes pun intended! This month's issue features a very well written story on a grizzly bear hunt by some Guy from out in Washington state. Yes it's one of our own. You all should pick up one of these just for the fact that it showcases one of our own, and it's an excellent story.

David

Thanks David. I worked pretty hard on that story. Too accustomed to writing police reports. Just the facts.

Took me a while to make it something that people would enjoy reading.

Cole, thanks for the compliments on the photos I've shared over the years.

I hope to have some more stories published. There's actually a lot more to it than I'd assumed. It had been a long time since I'd sent anything off to be published. The world has changed. I need to update myself! :)

Regards, Guy

Read the article as well Guy. Pretty danged inspiring, that is for certain!

SJB358":2rsg4hmr said:

Thanks! Time for your big bear hunt Scotty... (y)

You want to hunt one of the giant coastal bears don't you?

Guy

Guy Miner":p4vdetcs said:
SJB358":p4vdetcs said:

Thanks! Time for your big bear hunt Scotty... (y)

You want to hunt one of the giant coastal bears don't you?

Guy

I can’t decide yet Guy. I really like the mountain griz like you hunted a lot too. I think they are prettier animals actually but going into the bush after the VW sized bear is enticing as well. I’m getting closer to making a choice on them...

I think I'd been around too many of the big, peaceful, coastal bears over the years. Only once or twice did I have a bad feeling about those big guys. They're awesome, but usually happy to share a fishing hole. In my experience. I'm sure others have had different experiences.

Also wanted to see a chunk of Alaska I'd never seen - the Brooks Range - north of the Arctic Circle... Wow! So different from the coastal areas I've hiked and fished. :)

Either way, you're going to have a great hunt! If the budget was unlimited, I'd love to go back for a big coastal bear!

Guy

That’s sorta what I was thinking. I do like those cranky old mountain bears!!

Back