For a Friend

sask boy

Ammo Smith
Nov 4, 2007
Good morning the other night I was chatting with a good friend that I grew up hunting with. His Dad always made room for me on all their family functions including their annual hunts.
Mike moved down to the states approximately 30 years ago and became a Nurse/Guard at Fullerton State Penn in California and his wife became one of the nursing directors there as well.
Mike is now retired just outside of Tucson Arizona and has finally been drawn for Bull Elk there :wink:.
Mike has asked me if any of our crew have ever hunted this area and if so is are there any areas that he should go to and spot, he plans on taking a couple trips into the area to get familiar with the terrain.
He can hunt from Nov. 30th 2018 to Dec. 6th 2018 and he is in unit 6A. I do not a whole alot more that this but if there is any experience out there I would really ask for your input (y).

Blessings,
Dan

Dan, that time of year the Rattlesnake Quiet area will have bulls--BUT--he will have to pack it out for a ways because you will not get close via ATV But tell him they will have some nice bulls there. I may have misunderstood your post but the area he is hunting is closer to Flagstaff, not Tucson. Best of luck to him

https://www.azgfd.com/hunting/units/flagstaff/6a/

April is correct, if it is unit 6A, that is south of Flagstaff. I have never been lucky enough to draw an elk tag there, but have hunted to the east of there in unit 4B. Have him read the above link, scroll down to Species Information and the elk section, good info there. AZGFD can be very help as well, have him give them a call.

Good luck to him.

Europe":3toa6b11 said:
Dan, that time of year the Rattlesnake Quiet area will have bulls--BUT--he will have to pack it out for a ways because you will not get close via ATV But tell him they will have some nice bulls there. I may have misunderstood your post but the area he is hunting is closer to Flagstaff, not Tucson. Best of luck to him
Europe;; what is rattlesnake quiet area? Is that some place their not allowed to rattle?

I am sorry for not being clear. Mike & his wife retires to a little community just outside of Tucson Arizona.
He was drawn for Bull Elk in zone 6A.
Sorry again for not being more precise.

Blessings,
Dan

Back