Aaaaaahhhhhrrrrgggg!!!!

noslerpartition

Handloader
May 26, 2018
I have an additional freezer in my Mum's house.
Yesterday I wanted to take some deer out. It showed minus 18°C, but everything inside was thawed :-(
60 lbs for fox-bait....

Now I am shopping for a new freezer and some external thermometers.

All the effort for waist. Wasn't a good day

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

FWIW - refreezing meat is a taste quality issue, not a health issue. More meat and seafood is refrozen then most people realize.

However, if the meat was warm then that could be an issue.

Charlie - I am a food chemist and what I won't eat myself, I will definitely not give away.
I simply do not know how long ago it happend and how the temperature alternated.

Sad as it is - I'd rather be safe than sorry
Charlie-NY":2obz3675 said:
FWIW - refreezing meat is a taste quality issue, not a health issue. More meat and seafood is refrozen then most people realize.

However, if the meat was warm then that could be an issue.

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

Hopefully you'll get a fox or two from the bait!

Seems a shame of wasted meat, but looking at it from the other side, using it as bait, means that it will not be wasted and will still feed some crows, magpies, foxes and coyotes. Nature has a way of taking care of its own.

I found an wireless thermometer that supports three remotes.
One with the meat, one with the rifles and one with the shotguns...

Has humidity as well.

Sorry to hear about the meat loss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a similar thing happen a number of years ago and if I remember right we lost around 200lbs of meat mostly Moose & Whitetail :(.

Blessings,
Dan

After a contractor accidentally turned off a breaker and forgot to reset it to my chest freezer, ruining 150 pounds of prime venison and beef, I installed a battery operated remote thermometer with an alarm mode if the temperature drops above 20F. It was relatively inexpensive from a culinary supply company, I think it was around $45. Has a stainless probe threaded on both ends to be drilled and installed into the freezer compartment. Came with it's own foam/silicon sealant kit, and can be removed and installed in different units if one quits working and needs to be replaced. The alarm unit has about a 50' range, and battery life has been around 2 years.

https://www.amazon.com/Easy-Read-Refrig ... eter+alarm appears technology has made the unit significantly cheaper. Mine was similar, but probe system was different, designed for semi-permanent install.

Back