I Suppose It Was Inevitable

Activist Judges never surprise me. In the end I'm believing this ruling will be overturned, but we will see.

It's going to be interesting Mike. All these moves to protect a bear population that has recovered well beyond expectations...

Up in British Columbia, the robust grizzly population is now off-limits to hunters.

In the Wyoming, Idaho, Montana grizzly area, the spillover of grizzlies from Yellowstone Park is growing.

Eastman's put out a very good article on the growing grizzly population there, and the sharp increase in grizzly vs man encounters over the last 10 years. One thing it mentioned is that people are increasingly reluctant to even venture into that area, for hunting, fishing, backpacking, horse-packing trips, or even just camping. Fear of the great bear has returned.

Interestingly, I've observed among my liberal friends, that a great number of them enjoy backpacking cycling, rock climbing, and fly fishing... Will they continue to love those activities as the grizzly encounters, the maulings and killings, increase?

We as informed sportsmen can do much to educate and influence. I know my own friends are often surprised, and impressed when I bring out facts about bears or wolves. They've been led to believe that we hunters just want to kill all the bears! Of course that's not true, but there's a whole population out there who believe every bad thing they've ever been told about hunters.

We can counter that. And not by stooping to the lies and screaming so common among the lefties anymore.

Just thoughts, on my first cuppa coffee.

Why do I even drink coffee before going to the rifle range? :grin:

Regards, Guy

Guy Miner":1ud7gz3z said:
We can counter that. And not by stooping to the lies and screaming so common among the lefties anymore.

Just thoughts, on my first cuppa coffee.

Why do I even drink coffee before going to the rifle range? :grin:

Regards, Guy

To steady your nerves from the idiotic behavior of the "snowflakes"

Guy, I read where some colleges have created a safe place for those who are having trouble living with the results of the last election. I am sure there are others here who can remember what your/my parents said when something did not go our way.

I am worried that the inmates are running the asylum--we MUST stick together and fight this lunacy

April.. if you are ever in the Midwest..
Find me. We’d have a blast at the range or coffee shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"He noted that an estimated 50,000 bears once roamed the contiguous U.S. and said it would be "simplistic at best and disingenuous at worst" not to consider the status of grizzlies outside the Yellowstone region, one of the few areas where they have bounced back."

Let them bounce back to their original numbers and accept livestock and human loss. After, it's only Mother nature doing her thing. :roll: Where do they find these jackass judges anyway? :x
Paul B.

We have a similar situation with the wolf coming back.
No human incidents (yet), but lots of sheep and cattle lost.
It is easy to sit in a downtown armchair watching docus and wellcoming it back.
Different story for the farmers that have to build 6' fences....

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

"already traumatized by "climate change" and loss of habitat" YUP - and next Bambi will be filing suit over loss of his mother. :roll: :roll: :!: :!: :!: If the Grizz eats a tree hugging hiker is he traumatized with remorse or is that just indigestion???? CL

PJGunner":2tpfb24g said:
"He noted that an estimated 50,000 bears once roamed the contiguous U.S. and said it would be "simplistic at best and disingenuous at worst" not to consider the status of grizzlies outside the Yellowstone region, one of the few areas where they have bounced back."

Let them bounce back to their original numbers and accept livestock and human loss. After, it's only Mother nature doing her thing. :roll: Where do they find these jackass judges anyway? :x
Paul B.

That judges line of thinking is the definition of simplistic. Does he know that elk in the US have only been recovered in a fraction of their original range, but hunting them is doing its job in helping elk to expand their range. Hell, prior to European contact, some estimates put elk at more than 10 million. Idiots in power are the most frustrating.

A few years back California totally outlawed hunting Mountain Lions. There got to be so many lions that some people were attacked, killed and in some cases eaten. So what did California do? They hired professional hunter to thin out some of the cats. No way would they allow honest hunter to do so. Heaven forbid. How bad is it. One of the employees in the California Fish and game did a guided hunt for a Mountain Lion and was successful. The hunt was in another state yet they considered it grounds to fire him from his job. :x Just what I'd expect from that bunch of bunny huggers. Lose money from tags that won't get sold and spend the dollars for a pro to do the killing. Really smart people.
Paul B.

PJGunner":x25hg2d8 said:
A few years back California totally outlawed hunting Mountain Lions. There got to be so many lions that some people were attacked, killed and in some cases eaten. So what did California do? They hired professional hunter to thin out some of the cats. No way would they allow honest hunter to do so. Heaven forbid. How bad is it. One of the employees in the California Fish and game did a guided hunt for a Mountain Lion and was successful. The hunt was in another state yet they considered it grounds to fire him from his job. :x Just what I'd expect from that bunch of bunny huggers. Lose money from tags that won't get sold and spend the dollars for a pro to do the killing. Really smart people.
Paul B.

The ban has been in effect for a couple decades. The employee you mentioned was the director of the Fish and Game Commission...the division of CA Fish and Wildlife that makes the rules for managing wildlife (i.e., hunting, species designation, etc). After he was fired, he was replaced by the owner of a winery in Napa. The last remaining hunter on the commission board left a few years ago because he hated how the tree huggers were essentially running the show. It’s bad, really bad.

One other thing about the lion hunting ban here in CA, more lions are killed under depredation permits and by state hired hunters than were killed by legal hunting of the species.

Back